My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Friday, September 23, 2011

Author Interview: Kristy Berridge

Hello everyone. Today I would like to welcome the lovely Kristy Berridge, author of the indie YA novel, The Hunted, to my blog.

~~~~~~~~~~

TBP: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

KB: I was born in Perth, Western Australia, but moved to tropical far north Queensland when I was three. Since early childhood I’ve delighted in the Supernatural, be it film or book, and to this day I’m still obsessed with reading the genre. Trained as an interior designer, I now have a deep love of writing, but I still adore getting my hands dirty, going outside and renovating something on my old shack of a house. I’m also deathly afraid of cockroaches, I’m addicted to chocolate, and I love to travel.

TBP: Describe The Hunted in nine words or less.

KB: The Hunted is intricate, gripping, surprising and hopefully moreish.

TBP: What inspired you to write The Hunted?

KB: A deep love for the genre and an idea I’d been toying with since my early twenties. I just kept thinking, what if the vampires and werewolves made no apologies for whom or what they were? What if there was magic, and how would people react knowing angels and demons had a hand in everyone’s destiny?

TBP: Do you have any other books currently in the works?

KB: The Hunted is the first book in a series of five. I’m currently writing the fifth book and my publisher has just given me the go ahead to publish all of them – very exciting!

TBP: When did you first realize you wanted to be an author?

KB: I still don’t look at myself as an author. It’s so surreal. I have a day job. I still have a mortgage and car payments. To me I’m just story telling in my free time and hoping it will one day pay the bills.

TBP: In an epic battle against all things evil, what would be your one weapon of choice? (Can be a person, animal, item, etc)

KB: I’d choose to be a chameleon. It would be pretty damn handy to mimic your opponent’s best attributes and whip their backsides with it.

TBP: If you could bring any fictional character to life and marry him, one not of your own creation, who would it be and why?

KB: Dracula. We’ll have a quickie wedding, I’ll convince him to turn me, and then we’ll finish the night with a quickie divorce, namely me with a bloodied stake in my hand and immortality to look forward to without the excess baggage. Goodbye Dracula.

TBP: You killed a celebrity. Who was it and why?

KB: Spencer Pratt from the Hills. Sorry, but that guy makes me want to poke my eyes out.

TBP: You are now facing death row for killing said celebrity. The warden takes pity on you and tells you that you can have anything for dinner and watch any movie you want. What do you choose?

KB: I’ll be watching True Blood from beginning to end (should give me time to plot my escape) and eating Creme Brulee and my mum’s chocolate ganache. I really don’t need anything healthy, I’m about to die, unless of course I do manage to escape or the warden realises my decision to whack bad reality TV stars was not such an error in judgment.

TBP: Anything else you'd like to add?

KB: Please take a look at my book, you won’t regret the decision to turn the first page and keep on reading!

~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks you Kristy for letting me interview you. And thank you readers for stopping by. I hope you all enjoyed the interview and be sure to check out Kristy's YA novel, The Hunted.





1 comments:

Cherry said...

I could understand the TrueBlood obsession even though Sookie is too stupid to live :)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!