My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Author Interview: P.T. Michelle

Hello everyone. Today I would like to introduce you all to the lovely P.T. Michelle, author of the YA indie book, Brightest Kind of Darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~

TBP: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

PTM: My background is in Business and Finance, not English or Journalism, but it was a decade after college before I realized creating stories is absolutely my passion. :) I love action and thriller movies, reading and mocha lattes. I enjoy playing games...all games: dice, cards, board games with family and friends and can be quite competitive (just ask my husband. LOL!).

TBP: Describe Brightest Kind of Darkness in nine words or less.

PTM: Brightest Kind of Darkness: a romantic story filled with adventure, mystery and (some) horror.

TBP: What inspired you to write Brightest Kind of Darkness?

PTM: I was playing around with "what if" questions and asked myself, "What if I knew my entire next day?". That's where the idea came from, but then I had to pair it with the right kind of characters and that's where Ethan and Nara came into play.

TBP: Where is one of your favorite places to write?

PTM: In a coffee shop where I have easy access to mocha lattes. Great for the muse. Not so great for the waistline. ;)

TBP: If you could co-write a book with any author, who would it be and why?

PTM: I'd love to write a book with Karen Marie Moning. I'd like to brainstorm on a living room wall, to be a part of creating unique, magnetic characters set in a whole new world. KMM has an amazing combination of talent; she creates layered, complex characters and has an vivid imagination for fantastic world-building.

TBP: If you could possess any elemental power (earth, fire, air, or water) which would it be and why?

PTM: I would be wind. Each of the elements have their unique attributes, but WIND can make them all more powerful. If you whip the wind, the fire grows bigger and stronger. If you whirl the wind, a tornado forms and the rain (water) turns into a hurricane. If you stir the wind, the dirt becomes a blinding sandstorm.

TBP: If you could shapeshift into any animal, which would it be and why?

PTM: As much as I would like to say, the wolf...I'd have to pick the black panther. That way I'd be powerful enough to take on the biggest cat--the lion--but I'd have a coat that would allow me to prowl in the darkness undetected.

TBP: If you could live anywhere, during any time period, where and when would it be?

PTM: I like to dream of traveling to far away places, but I can't think of a better time and place to be, than to be with my family. Right here. Right now. :)

TBP: If you were to create a 'Bucket List', what would be the first three things on it?

PTM: Learn a new language. Travel to ten places I've never been. Go horseback riding on the beach in Ireland once more!

TBP: Anything else you'd like to add before you go?

PTM: Thank you so much for having me, Briana! I really appreciate you taking the time to interview me for The Book Pixie blog.

~~~~~~~~~~

And thank you! Hope you all enjoyed the interview. And don't forget to check out P.T. Michelle's YA book, Brightest Kind of Darkness!




3 comments:

P.T. Michelle said...

Thank you so much for the interview, Briana!

Lenore Appelhans said...

I'm going to have to give that shapeshifting question some thought ...

The Happy Booker said...

Great bucket list! I agree that while travelling to new places is wonderful, there's no better time than now to live in! Brightest Kind of Darkness sounds fascinating. I'm adding it to my to-read list.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!