2012 Standalone Reading Challenge
Hosted by: I Like These Books & Icey Books
"To read 15 standalone YA books in 2012!
What books count towards the 2012 Standalone Reading Challenge?
Any Young Adult standalone book that is released between December 27, 2011 and December 31, 2012. Any format (paperback, hardcover, e-book, ARC) counts, but they must be read during 2012!"
Why sign up?
"Anyone with a blog or a Goodreads account where they are able to post reviews can sign up! There will be a lot of fun with this challenge (and you just love the hosts ;) ! There will be periodic prize packs (more info to come) given out to participators, as well as fun posts from and interviews with authors with standalone books coming out in 2012."
I love me a good stand alone book. Truly. I love being able to open a book, love the story, and that be it. Don't get me wrong, I do like books in a series but it seems like practically every book out there is a part of one now. And it gets old. Really fast. So I'm delighted that there is a challenge strictly for stand alones! And here is my list, subject to change.
1. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
2. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
3. Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala
4. Ditched by Robin Mellom
5. Something Like Normal by Trish Dollar
6. Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
7. The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers
8. Double by Jenny Valentine
9. Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
10. Guy Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator by Josh Berk
11. The Academie by Susanne Dunlap
12. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
13. Violins of Autumn by Amy McAuley
14. Secret Letters by Leah Scheier
15. The Right & the Real by Joelle Anthony
SIGN UP HERE!