My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Weather Witch by Shannon Delany


Weather Witch
By Shannon Delany
St. Martin's Griffin
June 25th, 2013
336 pages
Young Adult


Synopsis via Goodreads
In a vastly different and darker Philadelphia of 1844, steam power has been repressed, war threatens from deep, dark waters, and one young lady of high social standing is expecting a surprise at her seventeenth birthday party–but certainly not the one she gets!

Jordan Astraea, who has lived out all of her life in Philadelphia’s most exclusive neighborhood, is preparing to celebrate her birthday with friends, family and all the extravagance they might muster. The young man who is most often her dashing companion, Rowen Burchette, has told her a surprise awaits her and her best friend, Catrina Hollindale, wouldn’t miss this night for all the world!

But storm clouds are gathering and threatening to do far more than dampen her party plans because someone in the Astraea household has committed the greatest of social sins by Harboring a Weather Witch.


~~~~~~~~~~~

Steampunk? Weather witches? Yes please! This one sounds so good and I can't wait for it to release. Cover is pretty too. :)



4 comments:

Cecelia said...

I don't love that synopsis (it seems a little... clunky?), but the cover art and idea of it do sound intriguing. I'm up for anything that combines steampunk & magic, really. Great pick!

If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

Love the setting for this! I'm originally from Philadelphia and I'm not very familiar with 1844.

LunaMoth said...

hmmm.. sounds interesting. im not one for rich spoiled kids though and this has that feeling.

Check out my Waiting on Wednesday

Shannon Delany said...

Thank you, Briana, for WOW-ing Weather Witch. I greatly appreciate that. :)

Yup, Cecelia, I was unaware they were posting that old synopsis on Goodreads, but, as an author, you often find yourself surprised.

Bookworm1858, you'll find my Philly (a city I love) much different than what you experienced (make sure you read the Acknowledgments). Parts of it are authentic and certain bits are historically accurate but I took many liberties (as artists love to do).

LunaMoth, I'm not one for spoiled rich kids either (as readers of my 13 TO LIFE series know) so no worries. ;) This is, beneath it all, a tale of power and people; power's use, abuse; and people's revelations and the meaning of revolution. ;)

I hope you all give Weather Witch a chance and if you like it, please let others know. :)
~Shannon

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!