My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Friday, March 12, 2010

Noteworthy Passages: Wondrous Strange

Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
Publisher: HarperCollins Canada
Pub. Date: September 9th, 2009
Pages: 352
Age Level: 14+


Synopsis
Since the dawn of time, the Faerie have taken. . . .

For seventeen-year-old actress Kelley Winslow, faeries are just something from childhood stories. Then she meets Sonny Flannery, whose steel-gray eyes mask an equally steely determination to protect her.

Sonny guards the Samhain Gate, which connects the mortal realm with the Faerie's enchanted, dangerous Otherworld. Usually kept shut by order of icy King Auberon, the Gate stands open but once a year.

This year, as the time approaches when the Samhain Gate will swing wide and nightmarish Fae will fight their way into an unsuspecting human world, something different is happening . . . something wondrous and strange. And Kelley's eyes are opening not just to the Faerie that surround her but to the heritage that awaits her.

Now Kelley must navigate deadly Faerie treachery—and her growing feelings for Sonny—in this dazzling page-turner filled with luminous romance.

Wondrous Strange is a richly layered tale of love between faerie and mortal, betrayal between kings and queens, and magic . . . between author and reader.


Noteworthy Passages

Sonny; pg. 25
Then she began to mutter to herself and gesture to the empty air.
Oh. Sonny sighed. Just another Central Park crazy.

Kelley; pg. 91
"Trust you? You're lurking in an alley, for God's sake. You obviously followed me here from somewhere, and you were looking in my dressing-room window when I was getting changed! I don't think 'trust' is the issue here!"

Exchange between Alec and Kelley; pg. 114
Alec regarded her with a grin. "You are an odd, odd girl."
Kelley smiled back. "That's what I was thinking of writing for my bio in the show program. You know, that and only playing this part 'cause the real actress went snap..."
"Hey! Don't kid yourself--I think you're a smokin' Titania. And just between you and me? Before she went snap? I shuddered at the thought of having to do the bower seen with Crazy Babs every night. With you it'll be fun!" Alec leaned beside her against the wall. "Wanna go practice? It'll only take a second to grab my ass...uh...head. My ass head."

Kelly; pg. 189
Her heart in her mouth, Kelley gripped the reins, white-knuckled, and hazarded a look glance left and right. On either side of her, Herne's hunters rode, starry-eyed and ethereal in their beauty, with excitement-flushed cheeks, streaming hair, and expressions uniform in their fierce elation. Kelley had never seen anything so glorious, never done anything so exciting as ride through the skies with that shining host.

Exchange between Kelley & Sonny; pg. 236
"Sonny! What are you doing here?"
"I came to see you."
"You can't."
"You've learned the art of invisibility?"
"What? No!" She blinked, and stayed behind the door. "Wait. Can I do that?"
"Probably."
"Oh..."


~~~~~~~~

Well I hope you all enjoyed the Noteworthy Passages for Wondrous Strange. Please do feel free to comment as I'm always glad to hear my readers' thoughts. Also, you can check out my review of Wondrous Strange HERE









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those sounds pretty good.

Spellboundbybooks Mel said...

Thanks for the post this sounds like a really interesting book. Love the last passage. Classic!

Kelsey said...

I really liked this book. I especially like the last passage between Sonny and Kelley. LOL!

Kelsey
krae991 at yahoo dot com

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!