My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Noteworthy Passages: The Naughty List

The Naughty List (ARC) by Suzanne Young
Publisher: Razorbill
Pub. Date: February 4th, 2010
Pages: 272
Age Level: 14/15+
Source:
Won

Please note that this is an ARC and passages below are subject to change in the final copy.


Synopsis via Goodreads
As if being a purrfect cheerleader isn’t enough responsibility!

Tessa Crimson’s the sweet and spunky leader of the SOS (Society of Smitten Kittens), a cheer squad–turned–spy society dedicated to bringing dastardly boyfriends to justice, one cheater at a time. Boyfriend-busting wouldn’t be so bad . . . except that so far, every suspect on the Naughty List has been proven 100% guilty!

When Tessa’s own boyfriend shows up on the List, she turns her sleuthing skills on him. Is Aiden just as naughty as all the rest, or will Tessa’s sneaky ways end in catastrophe?

The Naughty List. Is your boyfriend on it?


Noteworthy Passages

Tessa; pg. 75
"I can't tonight," I said. "I'm going to Aiden's for dinner. His mother is demanding it." My stomach turned. She did this every few months, mostly to scare me away. But it never worked. I had some very sharp claws for a Kitten, and they were firmly planted in her son's backside.

Kira and Tessa; pgs. 87-88
"You and Aiden are like Romeo and Juliet," Kira said dreamily. "It's like star-crossed lovers and--"
I furrowed my brow. "K, Romeo and Juliet killed themselves."
She gasped. "Oh, my word! They did? That is so tragic!"

Kira and Tessa; pg. 92
"I've got the audio feed," Kira whispered, nudging my leg. "Video is recording from the bar, but there's not a clear view. Wait..." She touched at her earpiece. "Marcus just told the accomplice that he has to...drain the lizard."
We looked at each other and giggled. Honestly. How some of these boys scored was beyond me.

Tessa; pg. 229
I dropped crossed-legged on the floor and folded my hands delicately on my lap. My squad walked over, watching me like they were afraid I might pull out a switchblade and murder them at any second. I was not unaware that none of them sat closer than three feet from me.

~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all enjoyed the passages I selected and that you were able to get a laugh out of them. If you want to know more about what I thought of The Naughty List then you can read my Review.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read this. And remember, I always love to read your comments. :D








PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

2 comments:

Mavie said...

Love your passages! I agree with the ones you chose! Especially Kira and Tessa; pgs. 87-88. Gives me a small chuckle! :)

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

It's official, I MUST read this book. If Christmas wasn't right around the corner, I'd be making a beeline for the nearest bookstore. (I still might do that though)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!