My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Top Ten Books Read in 2013 + Book B-Day Shout Out!

Today's Top Ten Tuesday (Meme courtesy The Broke and the Bookish) asks us what our Top 10 reads are so far for the year. I feel a little weird joining this meme on this one as it is has been a bad year for me, having read only 17 books so far. Seven of which have been read this month. But I'm gonna do it anyway. :D

First up, the books that received five stars from me. All of which happen to be the books I've most recently read. And keep in mind, the spectacular-ness of this as I hadn't given a book five stars prior to this since August 2011! (College really hurt my reading mojo.)

  

The Art of Racing in the Rain easily takes the #1 spot for me so far this year. This book was a surprise. I had always wanted to read it and finally decided to in an attempt to deviate from my usual YA book. It blew my fucking mind! Read it! I was reading A Spy in the House at the same time as TAoRitR. Once again, a book I had wanted to read for ages and it didn't disappoint. Pure fun and excitement! After giving two books five stars, I knew I'd have to carefully select my next book so as to avoid total disappointment. So I chose The Day Before, as I find I can't go wrong with Lisa Schroeder. Reviews to come on all of these soon.

The Following books all received four stars, though they do not represent every book that received four stars, and the ones getting less obviously aren't here.

  

  

Oh, Emblaze. I am hooked on this series and while I would categorize it as a favorite series, something always holds me back from giving any of the books the full five stars, though I'd probably classify them as having four and a half. Destiny's Fire was quite the steampunk delight and I was fortunate enough to meet the author at YALL Fest last year. The others were also really great reads! As you can probably see, that is only 9. Well this next, and final, book that I will be listing is being "born" today. That's right, a big, warm Happy Birthday to the final book rounding off my Top 10.


Weather Witch by Shannon Delany! 

Here is what I had to say about it:

"Dazzling and ingenious, Weather Witch will captivate your mind, leave your heart pounding and, at times, breaking from surprising moments of raw and genuine emotion. Delany doesn’t tell just one story, but instead, she tells many. She weaves them together in such a masterful way as to create one beautifully seamless and colorful journey that I cannot wait to continue." 

Buy it Today

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's it everyone! I've enjoyed posting this list and I look forward to exploring everybody else's to see what books have knocked your socks off this year! 



8 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I really want to read Jessica Shirvington's series and That Time I Joined the Circus. Notes From Ghost Town was an awesome read! Great list :)

Here's my Top Ten!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I've only read WEATHER WITCH from your list thus far, but I loved it! I can't believe I forgot to include it in my list...I guess that's just because there are too many fantastic books out there, huh? Great list this week :)

I'm your newest follower!

Unknown said...

Ahhh EMBLAZE made my list too!!! I totally love this series...Jessica Shirvington is AMAZING!

New bloglovin follower :)

My Top Ten

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Love THE DAY BEFORE and NOTES FROM GHOST TOWN! WEATHER WITCH sounds fabulous, you've made me curious about that story.

Great top ten! :)

Cecelia said...

WEATHER WITCH looks super cute! I need to find out more about that one. Thanks for sharing your list!

Sydney said...

I have Notes From Ghost Town, I just haven't had a chance to read it yet. Blaze and That Time I Joined the Circus both look really good. Nice list!

~Sydney@Pika Pages

Unknown said...

Blaze looks really good! I haven't read most of these though :)

My TTT

Bookish said...

Fantastic list, Notes From Ghost Town and Weather Witch are both on my wishlist!

My Top 10 Tuesday!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!