My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The 100 by Kass Morgan

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

The 100
Kass Morgan
Little Brown Books for Young Readers
September 3rd, 2013
The Hundred, #1
Young Adult


Synopsis via Goodreads

In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, space books have been making the rounds the past couple of years, but I think this one has me the most intrigued! You've been very, very naughty. We're putting you in time out. On Earth. Go be reproductive. But no, really. I love the concept, provided that it doesn't turn into some weird Lord of the Flies retelling. Can't wait to read this one. What about you? Have you heard about The 100?



3 comments:

Kristin A. said...

I featured The 100 a few weeks back. Definitely looking forward to this one. Have you seen the trailer yet for the TV show coming this fall?

My WoW

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

I'm very curious about this book! Didn't it also get picked up for a TV show?

Nice WOW :)

Nancy said...

This WoW is a great choice. The TV show ads look great and I cannot wait to read it.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!