My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Monday, April 12, 2010

Noteworthy Passages: Darklight

Darklight by Lesley Livingston
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pub. Date: December 22nd, 2009
Pages: 312
Age Level: 14+
Series: #2 in Wondrous Strange Trilogy


Synopsis
Much has changed since autumn, when Kelley Winslow learned she was Faerie royalty, fell in love with changeling guard Sonny Flannery, and saved New York City from a rampaging Faerie war band. When a terrifying encounter in Central Park sends Kelley tumbling into the Otherworld, her reunion with Sonny is joyful—but cut short. For they’ve been plunged into a game of Faerie deception and wavering allegiances in which the next move could topple a kingdom...or part them forever.

The fans who flocked to Lesley Livingston’s Wondrous Strange will fall hard for Darklight, the soaringly romantic second book in the trilogy. Breathless high stakes and vividly magical characters make this a can’t-miss fantasy for readers of Melissa Marr and Holly Black.

Noteworthy Passages

Sonny; pg. 84
That's when he saw Kelley, perched on a rock that jutted out into the water ahead of where Sonny and Fennrys floated. She must have cut across the spit of land that formed the inside curve of the river. It looked as though she was holding some kind of lumpy, uneven rope looped between her hands. She threw it to him just in time before he and Fennrys swept on past, and it was only when Sonny grabbed hold that he realized Kelley had knotted together the sleeves of all the shirts he'd left lying in a heap on the bank of the river. His laundry had become his lifeline!

Kelley & Quentin (acting director); pg. 204-205
"I'm sorry Quentin," Kelley said apologetically. "I'm feeling a little off my game. Maybe we should just jump to where I stab myself and call it a day."
"Don't tempt me." Quentin spun sharply and hallooed up to the stage manager in the tech booth. "Mindi! Check the newspaper. Weather forecast."
There was a far off rustling of papers.
Mindi's voice drifted down: "Thundershowers through the evening and into the night."
"Miss Winslow," Quentin turned on his heel, "you are dismissed."
"...You're kidding."
"Your acting assignment for the evening is this: Go play in the rain. Jump over puddles. Experience the lightning. Experience joy. Just do us all a favor and don't stand under any tall trees. I don't have an understudy for this show."

Tyff; pg. 282
Next thing she knew, Tyff came stalking through the loading doors, carrying a lead pipe in one fist and trailing a hulking menace in her wake.
"I heard there's a party going on in here," the Summer Fae sang out. "I forgot snacks, but I brought my own ogre!"



~~~~~~~~

As always, I hope you all enjoyed my Noteworthy Passages and will feel free to tell me your favorite in the comments. Also, if you haven't already, you can check out my review of Darklight
here. Hope you are all off to a great start to your week and if not, I hope it gets better for you. :D









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.


2 comments:

Sandy said...

"His laundry had become his lifeline!"

That cracked me up! :)

Natalie said...

I enjoyed Wondrous Strange, but I haven't gotten around to reading Darklight so far. I've always loved your Noteworthy Passages posts! I really like getting a glimpse at the novel before I read it! :)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!