My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Author Guest Post: Taryn Browning

Hello everyone! Today I have a guest post from Taryn Browning discussing the musical motivation and inspiration behind her newest YA book, Dark Seeker. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Playlist for Dark Seeker
Taryn Browning

I like to listen to music when I write. The types of music I choose for my playlists are based on the mood of the scene, chapter, or story. Many times my playlists consist of Rock and Alternative, since I write urban fantasy and paranormal romance. Here are the songs I listened to when I wrote/edited Dark Seeker. They include some of my favorite bands – Paramore, 30 Seconds to Mars, Lesley Roy, Daughtry & Lifehouse…

Ghost of Me by Daughtry

Feeling Sorry by Paramore
Arise by Flyleaf
Thinking Out Loud by Lesley Roy
Smoke and Mirrors by Lifehouse
Turn It Off by Paramore
Hurricane by 30 Seconds to Mars
You Don’t Belong by Daughtry
Cut by Plumb
Let the Flames Begin by Paramore
Imaginary Enemy by Circa Survive
Your Call by Secondhand Serenade
Closer to the Edge by 30 Seconds to Mars
All We Have by Anberlin


~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gotta say Taryn, great taste in music. 'Course, I say that cause I really like a lot of those myself. lol. Thanks for the post.

And readers, I hope you all enjoyed this post, maybe found something new to listen to? Or read, perhaps? ;) Would love to hear your thoughts. And don't forget to check out Taryn's book, Dark Seeker.





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on The Dark Seeker Tour coming soon. Very nice to already have a playlist to listen to while I read the book. ;)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!