My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Indie Author Interview: Tatiana Vila

Today I would to like to introduce you all to Tatiana Vila, a lovely indie author who has just recently released her 2nd YA book, Break Away, following her debut, The Ylem.

~~~~~~~~~~

TBP: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

TV: I graduated from a French high school in El Salvador, Cental America, and got a Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management from the Institut Vatel in Nimes (a well-known University in the south of France). Yes, I know what you're thinking. What's up with all this French stuff in her life? Well, I actually have no answer to that. Lol. But I do love the language. I guess that's one of the main reasons.

I can speak four languages: Spanish, English, French and Portuguese. But as you can see, I've chosen to write books in English because I absolutely love this language. It's more playful and fun to write. And why, you may be wondering, did I change my career's path and immersed myself in the publishing business? Because for the first time in my life I'm listening to my heart, and my heart tells me this is my true path, my true passion. Cheesy, I know. But so true :)

TBP: Describe both The Ylem and Break Away in nine words or less each.

TV: The Ylem: suspenseful, mysterious, romantic, heartbreaking, exciting, fantastic, lovely, dramatic.

Break Away:
mysterious, fantastic, witty, romantic, sexually tense, stirring, eye-opener, innovative.

TBP: What is it like designing your own book covers and which is your favorite?

TV: Designing my book covers is just as amazing as writing my own books. It's just another way of putting your creative juices to work. Luckily, my creative skills in this department are quite good (I like myself to believe) and don't need of another designer to do it for me, which is wonderful money-wise and time-wise :)

Even though I did it in collaboration with Kizuna-chan (another amazing graphic artist), until now, my favorite cover has to be Break Away.

TBP: So, I hear someone likes to sing in the shower. Anything particular?

TV: Busted! No, not really. Almost everyone knows this little infatuation I have with showers and vocal cords. There's just something about the bathroom's acoustics and water pouring over my head that ignites these 'lyrical outbursts' in me. It's my favorite place in the world to sing.

Adele's songs have to be my favorite, but sometimes Price Tag by Jessie J and Skycrapper by Demi Lovato sneak in. Okay, okay. To be honest, Today I don't Feel Like Doing Anything by Bruno Mars is my favorite. Perfect song to begin the day, don't you think?

TBP: You have to change your name to that of one of the planets. Which do you pick?

TV: Andromeda or Sirius. I know they're not planets, but I don't want to be too obvious and say Venus like everyone else :)

TBP: For the next week you have to live off of one particular food, which is unfortunate, but you get to choose which food that is. What do you pick?

TV: Spaghetti Bolognese! Protein and carbs in one dish. Perfect.

TBP: When having trouble with writer's block, what is your favorite thing to do to help clear it away?

TV: Watching movies and listening to music usually help my creative juices to get going again.

TBP: If you could co-write a book with any author, past or present, who would it be and why?

TV: Richelle Mead or Chloe Neill. Their writing is pure genius. Just go and grab any of their books and you'll see what I'm talking about.

TBP: Anything else you'd like to say before you go?

TV: Reading books is one of the most wonderful things we have as human beings, but you should never forget that the most beautiful thing we have is the real world out there. Enjoy it, cherish it and never stop smiling. And above all, love everyone without holding back. Life is all about that after all ;)
~~~~~~~~~

A big thanks to Tatiana for letting me interview her. I hope you all enjoyed the interview! Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments. And don't forget to check out Tatiana's books!

~


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotta love Adele! Christina Perri is my favorite in this genre though.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!