My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Review: What My Mother Doesn't Know

What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones

Publisher: Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing
Pub. Date: February 1, 2003
Pages: 259
Age Level: 14+

Synopsis
My name is Sophie.
This book is about me.
It tells
the heart-stoppingly riveting story
of my first love.
And also of my second.
And, okay, my third love, too.
It's not that I'm boy crazy.
It's just that even though
I'm almost fifteen
I've been having sort of a hard time
trying to figure out the difference
between love and lust.
It's like
my mind
and my body
and my heart
just don't seem to be able to agree
on anything.


Review
With a voice that rings true and familiar, Sophie tells her honest and humorous story of finding love and losing love. Then finding it again. She is a lovable character who is instantly recognizable by teenage girls.

What My Mother Doesn't Know was a fast-paced and fluidly written story. Sonya Sones did a marvelous job writing this book and I loved the fact that it was in verse.

I believe this is a book that any teenage girl could enjoy. I definitely recommend it and plan to re-read it in the future. I'm so glad that I own this book and look forward to reading more of her work in the future.

Grade
Characters: B
Writing: B+
Plot: B
Ending: A-
Cover: B-
Recommendable: B

Overall: B


4 comments:

Briana said...

Nice review! This book looks cute! I always see it at the library but never pick it up..I might have to the next time I am there. Nice job! :)

-Arielle

Natascha De Marco said...

Uh I want to read this. Thanks for the review Twin ^^

Unknown said...

It does sound like a fun book for teenagers. I will keep it on my wish list. Thanks Briana.

Sandy said...

This book was cute. I read the sequel and it was just as good, if not a little more interesting... I hope Sonya Sones writes a third :)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!