My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Tempestuous

Tempestuous (ARC) by Lesley Livingston
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pub. Date: December 21st, 2010
Pages: 368
Series: Wondrous Strange Trilogy, #3
Age Level: 14+
Source: For review


Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.


Synopsis via Goodreads
"I don't love Sonny Flannery."

That's the lie Kelley Winslow told to protect the boy she loves from a power he doesn't know he possesses. Devastated, Sonny retreats—to a haven for Lost Fae that's hidden deep underneath New York City.
But Kelley's not about to let things end in heartbreak. To get Sonny back, she's got to find out who's after his magick—and how to use her own. She's got to uncover who's recruiting Janus Guards to murderously hunt innocent Faerie. She's got to help rebuild the shattered theater company she called family. And she's got to do it all without getting dangerously distracted by the Fennrys Wolf, whose legendary heart of stone seems to melt whenever he's around Kelley.

The intrigue and romance that began with Wondrous strange and Darklight come to a stormy head in Tempestuous, the breathtaking conclusion to Lesley Livingston's ravishing urban Faerie trilogy.


Noteworthy Passages

Sonny; pg. 21
The Faerie girl at his side stepped through into another tunnel. This one wasn't man-made, Sonny knew that instantly. But it also wasn't natural. A Faerie construct. Sourceless light reflected off the gleaming facets of what looked like black cut glass. Sonny glanced around to see his own visage shattered and mirrored back at him in a thousand fragments. It was, he thought humorlessly, an apt metaphor for his present state of mind.

Kelley; pg. 264
The head Shuck jumped up into the cabin after Kelley climbed in and sat staring balefully at her. The air inside of the carriage was heavy with the scent of narcissus and tiger lilies. And mildew. There were dark green stains on the bench seat. As the carriage began to move, Kelley hazarded a glance out of one of the curtained windows. The lights of the city flowed past in a ghostly haze as the antique coach sped unseen through the streets. Another peek, a few minutes later, showed Kelley nothing but darkness, and the glimmering of stars reflected on the black surface of a wide stretch of water that flowed beneath the carriage wheels.

~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all enjoyed those two passages. Livingston has a beautiful writing style, just one of the many reasons I have so greatly enjoyed this trilogy. To find out more of my thoughts on Tempestuous, check out my Review. You can find links for my reviews of the two previous books below.

As always, thanks for stopping by. :D

Buy Wondrous Strange (My Review)
Amazon / B&N / Kindle / Nook / Book Depository

Buy Darklight (My Review)
Amazon / Amazon Bargain / B&N / Kindle / Nook / Book Depository

Buy Tempestuous
Amazon / B&N / Kindle / Nook / Book Depository










PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

1 comments:

Christi J. Whitney said...

Thanks for this review! Great post!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!