My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: All You Get is Me

All You Get is Me by Yvonne Prinz
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pub. Date: December 21st, 2010
Pages: 288
Age Level: 14+
Source: For review from publisher.


Synopsis via Goodreads A summer of love, loss, and justice. Things were complicated enough for Roar, even before her father decided to yank her out of the city and go organic. Suddenly, she’s a farm girl, albeit a reluctant one, selling figs at the farmers’ market and developing her photographs in a ramshackle shed. Caught between a troublemaking sidekick named Storm, a brooding, easy-on-the-eyes L.A. boy, and a father on a human rights crusade that challenges the fabric of the farm community, Roar is going to have to tackle it all—even with dirt under her fingernails and her hair pulled back with a rubber band meant for asparagus.

Noteworthy Passages

Roar; pg. 34
The first apricot I pluck off the tree smells of roses and sits heavy in my hand, warmed by the sun. I take a bite and savor the creamy, slightly tart taste that fills my mouth.

Roar; pg. 147
The appealing thing about putting on makeup and fancy clothes is that you get to be someone else for a while. I learned that from my mom. She was always transforming herself into someone else. Her ultimate transformation was becoming someone who wasn't a mother anymore. At least not mine.

Roar and Storm; pg. 275
So I'm off to get my driver's license in a potentially stolen car.
"Do you have the insurance card? They need to see that."
"Check the glove box."
I flip it open. Inside there's a pocket-sized black leather-bound Bible, a rosary, and a hymnal. "Wow, it's like the road to salvation in here." Storm's silver flask is sitting on top of the pile. "With a pit stop in hell." I wave the empty flask in front of her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Variety is the spice of life, right? So the first passage was picked for imagery, the second for emotion, the third for humor. For more on my thoughts of All You Get is Me, check out my Review.

Thanks for stopping by. :D


Buy it now: Amazon / Kindle / Book Depository








PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

2 comments:

Naj said...

I love the writing style. I particularly like Roar; pg. 147's quote. :D Great post!

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

Your Noteworthy Passages are usually what sells the book for me and these ones are no different. I was just feeling eh about All You Get is Me before, but after reading the second and third passage you chose, I feel it's necessary to add this one to my wishlist. Great choices!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!