My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Steel

Steel (ARC) by Carrie Vaughn
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: March 15th, 2011
Pages: 304
Age Level: 14+
Source: For review from Publisher


Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.


Synopsis via Goodreads
When Jill finds a rusty sword tip on a Caribbean beach, she is instantly intrigued—and little expects it will transport her through time to the deck of a pirate ship. Will a dark enchantment, salty kisses, and a duel with an evil pirate captain leave her stranded in the eighteenth century forever?

Drawing on piratical lore and historical fact, Carrie Vaughn creates a vivid world of swaying masts and swelling seas, where blood magic overrules the laws of nature, romance is in the air, and death can come at the single slip of a sword.

Noteworthy Passages

Captain Cooper & captain of slave ship; pg. 79
"You're not a woman at all, you're a whore! You're the devil's own whore!"
"Better the devil's than yours!" Marjory Cooper shouted back at him. "Give my regards to your wife!"

Jill; pg. 83
Well after dark, the new passengers began to sing. The voices were soft, wavering--still weak. Like the lantern light, the words and tunes seemed to rise up among the sails, to echo above them, sounding larger than they were.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all enjoyed those two passages. To find out more on my thoughts of Steel, check out my Review.

Thanks for stopping by.








PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

1 comments:

Laura Morales said...

I love time travel books, I already added it to my goodreads to read list, hope its good. :)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!