My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Thursday, March 24, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Purple Daze

Purple Daze by Sherry Shahan
Publisher: Running Press Teens
Pub. Date: March 22nd, 2011
Pages: 207
Age Level: 15+
Source: For review from publisher.


Synopsis via Goodreads

Purple Daze is a young adult novel set in suburban Los Angeles in 1965. Six high school students share their experiences and feelings in interconnected free verse and traditional poems about war, feminism, riots, love, racism, rock 'n' roll, high school, and friendship.

Although there have been verse novels published recently, none explore the changing and volatile 1960's in America— a time when young people drove a cultural and political revolution. With themes like the costs and casualties of war, the consequences of sex, and the complex relationships between teens, their peers, and their parents, this story is still as relevant today as it was 45 years ago.


Noteworthy Passages

Ziggy; pg. 75

Mrs. St. Johns faints in Home Economics when she opens the refrigerator and sees her Oscar Mayer wearing rubbers.

Haiku by Nancy; pg. 110
Love, a losing game
One I wish I never played
Gamblers never win

~~~~~~~~~~

So I figured I'd include a little taste of both the silly and the solemn. For more on my thoughts of Purple Daze, check out my Review.

Thanks for stopping by. :D


Buy it now: Amazon / Kindle / Book Depository








PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

1 comments:

Naj said...

I like the last noteworthy passage. The first one made me laugh. :D Love these posts! <3

I mentioned you in 'in my mailbox' vlog! http://unputdownablebookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-9.html

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!