My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Accomplice

Accomplice by Valerie Sherrard
Publisher: Dundurn Press
Pub. Date: February 21st, 2011
Pages: 142
Age Level: 13+
Source: For review from publisher.


Synopsis via Goodreads
Lexie Malton is an average Vancouver teen with fairly typical issues. Her stepmother is far from her favourite person, she has a sister with special needs, and life outside the home is the usual mix of school, friends, school, and social events. But Lexie has a secret. Her ex-boyfriend, Devlin Mather, is now a heroin addict living on the street, and only Lexie knows that she's the one who put him there. Guilt makes her give in to Devlin's demands for money time and time again, even though she knows how dangerous his drug use is. Lexie finally gathers the strength to stop enabling Devlin. But when he seeks treatment for his addiction, Lexie finds herself drawn back to him, never guessing what a dark and deadly path she has just chosen. Devlin relapses, and his desperation will lead to an act that will change both of their lives forever.

Noteworthy Passages

Lexie; pg. 7
My eyes slide closed as I try to block out the reality of where I am. It doesn't help. Sometimes what's in your head is worse than what's around you.

Lexie & Ray; pg. 87
"You were never curious?" I ask.
He laughs, but there's no humor in it. "Sure," he says, "but there's curious smart and curious dumb. I like to stay in the first group. If there was a bottle of a hundred pills sitting on the table in front of you, and I told you, half of these are safe and half are deadly poison--certain death, would you take one?"
"Of course not," I say.
"Well, that's the kind of risk people take every day with heroin," he says. "Because they're curious!"


~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope those two passages were enough to make you want to read Accomplice. For more on my thoughts, check out my Review.

Thanks for stopping by. :D


Buy Accomplice now: Amazon / Book Depository









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!