My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Sunday, April 17, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: My Life, the Theater, and Other Tragedies

My Life, the Theater, and Other Tragedies (ARC) by Allen Zadoff
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Pub. Date: May 10th, 2011
Pages: 320
Age Level: 13+
Source: For review from publisher.


Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.

Synopsis via Goodreads
High school sophomore Adam Zeigler, who lost his father to a sudden accident two years ago, thinks the best way to live life is behind the spotlight. As a member of the theater crew, he believes he's achieved it all when he wins the coveted job of spotlight operator. But that was before a young actress, Summer, appeared in his view. Instantly smitten, Adam is determined to win her over. But to do so, he'll have to defy his best friend and break the golden rule of his school: techies and actors don't mix.

Set against the backdrop of a high school production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, Zadoff's latest is a bromance, a love story, and theater story in one. The politics of love and high school collide as Adam struggles to find the courage to step out of the shadows and into the light.


Noteworthy Passages

Mr. Apple; pg. 49
"Don't tell me it's not that bad," Mr. Apple says. "You should have seen the last rehearsal. Shakespeare turned over in his grave, threw up, then rolled into his own vomit. And whose fault is that? Mine! I'm an atrocious director of an atrocious production."

Summer, Adam's mom, Adam; pgs. 160-161
Summer extends a hand. "Hi, I'm Summer," she says.
"I'm Adam's mother. I apologize for being so surprised. Adam doesn't usually have girls over."
"Mom!"
"It's true," Mom says.
"But you don't have to say it. Keep the mystery alive."

Adam; pg. 274
People think they have to be singing and dancing in perfect synchronization all the time without rehearsal. But real life isn't synchronized like that. It's a mess. Like our theater department.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so we I gave y'all a little humorous and serious. I really enjoyed My Life, the Theater, and Other Tragedies and hope you all will decide to pick it up. To find out more on what I thought, check out my Review.

And as always, thanks for stopping by.


Buy My Life, the Theater, and Other Tragedies: Amazon / Kindle / Book Depository









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

5 comments:

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

From the second passage alone, I think I'd love Adam. This book sounds very fun and different. I've added it to my wishlist and hopefully I can pick it up come May :)

Natalie said...

I want to read this even more now! Sounds funny and cute- if it wasn't for you I wouldn't know this book. Thanks! :)

Candace said...

I just wanted to let you know that I love this feature. I don't often comment on it, but I read it when your feed comes in my inbox :) It gives me an idea of the authors writing and has encouraged me to read books I may not have considered reading otherwise.

Jules said...

I haven't heard of this one before, but I do like the sound of it! :)

Jules

brandileigh2003 said...

Thanks for the review.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!