My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top Ten Books That Intimidate Me

Today's Top Ten Tuesday (Meme courtesy The Broke and the Bookish) asks us about the books that we really want to read but are too intimidated by, for one reason or another. Below I have my 10 choices, sorted by the reason behind my intimidation.

~Expectations~
These are the books that I have heard so many amazing things about that I worry they just won't live up to my overwhelmingly high expectations.

1. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
I'll be facing this one soon in an attempt to tackle it before the movie. It's been on my shelves for years now. I really hope it doesn't disappoint.

2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Actually, this really stands for anything by John Green. Yep, that's right. I haven't read anything by John Green yet. *prepares for shunning and flying tomatoes* I never read his stuff when he first arrived on the scene and now, my expectations for his books are sky high. Especially The Fault in Our Stars.

3. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

4. Divergent by Veronica Roth


~Expectations & Series~

5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
These books are supposed to be really amazing. And there are 6 of them!

6. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
Expectations, series and individual book length all have me intimidated to read these.

~The Classics & Length~

7. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

8. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

9. The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
Yes, since you asked, I am ashamed. This one falls into the trifecta of intimidation with expectations, classic-ness, and length. (Did see the movies though and love them.)

~Non Fiction~

10. The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William L. Shirer
I have always wanted to learn more and more about the WWII and Holocaust so this book is very high on my list. But, nonfiction intimidates me. Plus, it is really long with really tiny print.



2 comments:

Somewhere Only We Know said...

Um...OMG every book on your list are excellent books! I know the last thing you need is more expectations, but seriously...what's the worst that's going to happen if you didn't love them as much as everyone else? Hey...I didn't LOVE Anna and the French Kiss like everyone else! It's all good.

TTT
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Unknown said...

I fell the same way about John Green, but am going to bite the bullet and read The Fault of Our Starts, just to see what the hype is all about.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!