My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Minders

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Minders
Michele Jaffe
Razorbill
January 30th, 2014
Young Adult


Synopsis via Goodreads

A high concept, cinematic read with a surprising twist, MINDERS asks the question: who is really watching who?

Q: If the boy you love commits a crime, would you turn him in?

Sadie Ames is a type-A teenager from the wealthy suburbs. She's been accepted to the prestigious Mind Corps Fellowship program, where she'll spend six weeks as an observer inside the head of Ford, a troubled boy with a passion for the crumbling architecture of the inner city. There's just one problem: Sadie's fallen in love with him.

Q: What if the crime is murder?

Ford Winters is haunted by the murder of his older brother, James. As Sadie falls deeper into his world, dazzled by the shimmering pinpricks of color that form images in his mind, she begins to think she knows him. Then Ford does something unthinkable.

Q: What if you saw it happen from inside his mind?

Back in her own body, Sadie is faced with the ultimate dilemma. With Ford's life in her hands, she must decide what is right and what is wrong. And how well she can really ever know someone, even someone she loves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This sounds so exciting and compelling story! I've been wanting to read something by Jaffe for quite a while. Plus I also really like the cover! What do you think? Is this one on your watch-list for next year?


7 comments:

Kristin A. said...

What an interesting premise. I wonder if he actually committed the crime or if she was watching a dream hmm. Will have to keep my eye out for this.


My WoW

Unknown said...

This sounds so interesting!! I'll have to add this to me To-Read list.

My WoW





Somewhere Only We Know said...

This one looks really good to me. Thanks for featuring it. It's now added to my TBR list. Thanks!

WOW
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Brittany said...

This sounds really intriguing, and look at that cover!

Lizzy said...

This one is new to me, and I love the cover! Sounds like a great read :)

Montana @ The Book Belles said...

This sounds amazing! The cover is awesome too :)
-Montana @ The Book Belles

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I love the questions being posed in the synopsis-very curious to find out how this one is handled.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!