My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Noteworthy Passages: Wherever Nina Lies

Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten
Publisher: Point
Pub. Date: February 1st, 2010 (First Published: February 1st, 2009)
Pages: 311
Age Level: +15/YA


Synopsis
Nina was beautiful, artistic, wild . . . and adored by her younger sister, Ellie. But one day, without any warning, Nina disappeared.

Two years later, Ellie can't stop thinking about her sister. Although everyone else has given up hope that Nina will return, Ellie just knows her sister is out there, somewhere. If only Ellie had a clue where to look.

And then she gets one, in the form of a mysterious drawing tucked into the pages of a book. Determined to find her sister, Ellie takes off on a crazy, sexy, cross-country road trip with the only person who believes she's got a chance -- her hot, adventurous new crush.

Along the way, Ellie finds a few things she wasn't planning on. Like love. Mysteries. Lies. And something far more shocking -- the truth.


Noteworthy Passages

Ellie; pg. 55
Have you ever seen a house burning down? If you landed from another planet and didn't know what fire meant, you'd think it was beautiful, gentle even - delicate orange and gold and red and yellow flames, licking the house into nothingness.

Exchange between Sean and Ellie; pg. 66
"Sorry about all the cups, you can just kick them out of the way," Sean says. "Iced coffee is my crack."
"What a coincidence," I say. "Crack is my iced coffee."

Sean; pg. 90
"Ellie, I once drove to Canada for pancakes in the middle of the night because I didn't like the syrup they gave me at IHOP."


~~~~~~~~

Well everyone, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all enjoyed the passages. Sorry there weren't more but some of the others I would have liked to have included would have been a bit spoilerish. Feel free to comment, you know I loves da comments. :D In case you missed it, you can find my review
HERE. Stay tuned because tomorrow I will be giving away 3 copies of this great book.









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL those are great! :) Iced Coffee is my crack :D

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Pepsi is my crack

Jamie said...

Great passages! I've got to check this book out! Pepsi and Chocolate are my crack!

Anonymous said...

lol, I like the IHop one.

skyla11377 said...

I Loved The Passage About Driving To Canada For Pancakes Because He Didn't Like The Syrup. I Feel That Way About Canada's Tim Horton's A.K.A. Timmy's. I AM Not Usually A Coffee Drinker But I Would Start Is There Was A Timmy's In My Town.

Bookish in a Box said...

The passage about the fire is beautifully poetic. Nice choice!

Tuning Into YA Books said...

Thanks for the passages! Now I can't wait to read it!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!