My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Friday, July 29, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Betrayed

Betrayed (ARC) by Ednah Walters
Publisher: Firetrail Publishing
Pub. Date: July 14th, 2011
Pages: 368
Series: The Guardian Legacy, #2
Age Level: 14+
Source: For review from author.


Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.

Synopsis via Goodreads
Lil has come to terms with her life as a Guardian/demon hunter and the wielder of the Nephilim most powerful weapon. She trains everyday to master her growing powers, gets along with her Guardian trainee friends (most of the time) and cherishes her moments with her human friends.

Just when she feels she belongs, her nature-bender father contacts her and warns her about a betrayal by someone close to her. Then Bran, the guy she loves, starts to act strange and one of her human friends acquires a supernatural ability. While Lil struggles find a connection between these three things, she begins to realize that someone is manipulating her and Bran, and will stop at nothing (including hurting those she loves) to lure them to the dark side.


Noteworthy Passages

Lil & Celeste; pg. 60
Celeste walked to where I stood, put her arms around me and pressed her cheek against my shoulder. We were about the same height and age, but her skinniness and pale skin always made her appear younger and fragile. She also wasn't the touchy-feely type.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Hugging you. Humans do it all the time. It makes them feel better."

Lil & Bran; pg. 194
I let go of the dagger and shrugged. My side, arm and ankle throbbed. The pain wasn't bad. Just a few more minutes and I'd be good and ready. Bran, on the other hand, winced and reached down to rub his side. I tried not to smile. He could never handle pain, especially mine, which he felt more now that I let go of the dagger.
"Yes," I said. "Let's do this."
The others grinned with approval. Bran moved to my side. "You proved your point. Now put your hand back on that dagger," he whispered through clenched teeth, stressing his words.
Kill-joy.


~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all enjoyed those two passages. I thought they were both great examples of the wit and humor of these books, though the first one is a little sweeter. For more on my thoughts of Betrayed, or the first book, Awakened, check out my reviews linked below.

As always, thanks for stopping by and comments are appreciated.

Buy Awakened (
My Review)
Amazon / B&N / Kindle / Nook / Book Depository

Buy Betrayed (My Review)
Amazon / B&N / Kindle / Nook










PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!