My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Sunday, July 24, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: The Queen Bee of Bridgeton

The Queen Bee of Bridgeton (ARC) by Leslie DuBois
Publisher: Little Prince Publishing
Pub. Date: May 17th, 2011
Pages: 244
Series: Dancing Dream, #1
Age Level: 14+
Source: For review from author.


Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.

Synopsis via Goodreads
When fifteen-year-old Sonya Garrison is accepted into the prestigious Bridgeton Academy, she soon discovers that rich girls are just as dangerous as the thugs in her home of Venton Heights. Maybe more so. After catching the eye of the star, white basketball player and unwittingly becoming the most popular girl in school, she earns the hatred of the three most ruthless and vindictive girls at Bridgeton. Can she defeat the reigning high school royalty? Or will they succeed in ruining her lifelong dream of becoming a world class dancer?


Noteworthy Passages

Sonya & Will; pg. 39-40
"Listen, Closet Boy, I don't know why you and your shrink are talking about me, but--"
"Closet Boy? You don't know my name?"
I shook my head.
"You really have no idea who I am, do you?"
"Should I?"
"God, you're adorable."


~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all enjoyed that passage. Would have had more probably but I read through it so quickly and early in the morning that I forgot to mark the pages with my sticky tabs. *sigh* For more on my thoughts check out my review. And as always, thanks for stopping by!

Buy The Queen Bee of Bridgeton (My Review)

Amazon / Kindle / Nook









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

1 comments:

mrs_laura_koehler said...

This sounds like a cute read. Loving this cover too!!! Added it to my Goodreads to-read list :)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!