My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Thursday, July 14, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Personal Demons

Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
Publisher: Tor Teen
Pub. Date: September 14th, 2010
Pages: 365
Trilogy: Personal Demons, #1
Age Level: 15+
Source: For Review

Synopsis via Goodreads
Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance—-even her closest friends—-and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him.

What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy—-all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.

But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.


Noteworthy Passages

Gabe & Luc; pg. 65
"You're going to preach morals to me?" He laughs, one loud sardonic bark. "Oh this is special. Besides, I'm not breaking any rules."
"Maybe not technically...I just don't want Frannie to get hurt." Yeah...right. That's why I'm trying to drag her into the Abyss for an eternity of pain and torture.

Luc; pg. 157
There's some deep, throbbing not in my chest--my heart? Are you kidding? Brimstone doesn't throb. I look at her again, smiling at me. She wouldn't be smiling if she knew what I was. I should tell her. That would be the right thing to do.
Oh, for the love of all things unholy. Is that a conscience?

Luc; pg. 203
Once inside, the first thing I notice is is that Hell feels hotter that I remember. Which doesn't make sense, because it's only been three weeks sine I was here. And, besides, anything hovering a few hundred degrees at either side of Hell's two-thousand-degree mark is going to feel pretty much the same: hot. Maybe there's something to all that global warming hoopla after all, even here at the core.


~~~~~~~~~~

Honestly, Luc had the best lines in this whole book. I hope you all enjoyed getting to read these and for more on my thoughts, you can check out my review. Would love to hear what you think in the comments.

And as always, thanks for stopping by.

Buy Personal Demons (My Review)

Amazon / B&N / Kindle / Nook / Book Depository









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

3 comments:

E.J. Stevens said...

LOL! I love these quotes. I have been wanting to read this and now am off to order a copy. This sounds like such a fun read.

xx,
E.J.
Paranormal Author E.J. Stevens
From the Shadows

Unknown said...

I haven't read Personal Demons as yet, but I've heard some awesome things about it!

Unknown said...

Someone recently recommended Personal Demons to me, and I've been looking out for it on the blogs! Thanks for sharing some quotes - Luc sounds like tons of snarky fun :)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!