My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Thursday, July 21, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Ruby Red

Ruby Red (ARC) by Kerstin Gier and Anthea Bell (Translator)
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Pub. Date: May 10th, 2011
Pages: 324
Series: 1st in Trilogy
Age Level: 13+
Source: For review from publisher.


Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.


Synopsis via Goodreads
Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era! Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon, the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.


Noteworthy Passages

Gwen; pg. 71
Which was worse? Being crazy or actually traveling back in time?
Probably the second, I thought. Maybe you could take tablets for the first.

Gwen; pg. 287
I thought about it. "So how are we going to get at her blood now?" Oh, my God, surely I hadn't just said that, had I? "You won't use force, will you?" I pictured Gideon doing sinister things with ether, bonds, and a gigantic syringe--and that ruined my perfect image of him.


~~~~~~~~~~

Well I hope you all got a kick out of those two passages. Ruby Red was a great read and for more on my thoughts you can check out my review.

Buy Ruby Red (My Review)
Amazon / B&N / Kindle / Nook / Book Depository









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

2 comments:

mrs_laura_koehler said...

Really want to read this book thanks for sharing some passages from it :)

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

Ruby Red seems like it has some humor in it and I didn't really expect that. I'm considering getting this one in the near future now.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!