My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Saturday, August 6, 2011

In My Mailbox (97) (Epic Edition)

In My Mailbox
IMM is a weekly meme hosted and created by Kristie at
The Story Siren and was inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Gift from Cidney
~Rippler by Cidney Swanson

From Trade with Emily
~ARC The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Won from The Thoughts of a Book Junky
~The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab

Bought
~Kindle with Special Offers (LOVE IT!)

Gift from Michelle
~Madly and Wolfhardt by M. Leighton

For Review from Netgalley
~Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley (For Kindle)
~Guy Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator by Josh Berk (For Kindle)

Bought for Kindle ($0.99 to $2.99)
~The Book of Lost Souls by Michelle Muto
~Every Last Kiss by Courtney Cole
~Exiled by M.R. Merrick
~Hidden by Shalini Boland
~Katrina, The Beginning by Elizabeth Loraine
~The Reaping by M. Leighton
~Released by Megan Duncan
~Sleight by Jennifer Sommersby
~Sundial by C.F. Fruzzetti and M.I. Pearsall
~Under the Stars by Rebecca A. Rogers

Free for Kindle
~The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross
~Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren
~Bleak House by Charles Dickens
~Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
~Grimm's Fairy Stories by Brothers Grimm
~The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
~The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
~The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so yeah, the picture is a bit misleading when it comes to just how much I got this week book wise. For months, I'd been saving up Amazon GCs from swagbucks, epoll, and Amazon Associates and at the end of July I had enough to buy: Kindle Wi-Fi with Special Offers; Extended Warranty; Laptop case/bag; Laptop mouse; and all the kindle books listed above, under bought. I know some people say the $25 saved isn't worth the whole annoying offers and stuff but honestly, the offers and screensavers don't bother me at all. Plus, that $25 saved can buy me as many as 25 books and I'm pretty sure I'll come across an offer sooner or later that'll save me even more money. But anyway, totally in love with my kindle and especially the fact that I can use Netgalley now, since reading on the computer for too long bothers my head and eyes. Also a big thanks to Emily, Michelle, Steph, and Cidney for the books! That copy of The Near Witch, yeah, won a pre-order of that sucker back in November! That isn't all I got this week, though. I also got some stuff that I ordered for college. Here's a peek, in case you're curious:

And now you are all aware of my black and white fetish. But no worries, I've got some cute purple and green stuff I'll be getting for accent color. :P In the photo you can see the laptop bag and mouse I got from Amazon. Also some really trendy storage boxes, from Walmart, which I've already started loading with books I'm going to take. Yep, that's right, my books are going to college with me in style!

But enough of all that, hope you are all having a great weekend and got some really awesome stuff in your mailboxes this week!


22 comments:

Harpreet Singh said...

OMG?! This was an AMAZ-ING week for you! I got Rippler for review, and so far I'm loving it! And I'm super jealous of The Near Witch, I can't wait to hear what you thought about it! Oh, and a kindle!! I totally agree that saving $25 bucks is awesome, more books haha! I love the things you got for college soooo pretty!! Enjoy all of your books, and good luck! (:

Brittany said...

Really great week. I love those black and white containers. Can;t wait to see what you think of The Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Happy Reading!

Test said...

So jealous of Daughter of Smoke and Bone! That one look fantastic and I've heard so many great things about it. And yay for your new Kindle- hope you love it. Happy reading! :)

Unknown said...

I so want Daughter of Smoke and Bone!! And yay for a Kindle! Ereaders are awesome!

Kristina said...

Ok, wow!! So many awesome books! The best IMM's are the epic ones! So many cheap and free books too which is really exciting! I hope that you enjoy your new books.

Kristina
http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

Jessica B said...

The Near Witch is so good! I just know you'll love it. Daughter of Smoke and Bones looks great, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it! And congrats on the Kindle and all those ebooks. If you can buy 25 extra books with your money saved, then the ads wouldn't bother me either. :)

Anonymous said...

i just downloaded Waterfall! Happy reading :)

my IMM:

http://bookchilla.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/in-my-mailbox-10/

Precious said...

Wow! You've had an amazing week! :) I just read Under the Stars. I hope you like it! :)

And Waterfall is free for Kindle? O_O Thank you for posting! I just got it!

Daughter of Smoke and Bone is in my wishlist. And I have The Near Witch but I've failed to finish reading it. I haven't heard of Rippler before! I'm checking it out in Goodreads now.

Happy reading!

Here's my IMM post.

Naj said...

WOAH! :D Epic indeed. :D

Enjoy them all my dear! <3

IMM

Mavie said...

AMAZING week briana!! and yay-- you got a kindle!! how awesome is that! and some great books you got there. :)

thehodgenator said...

A great haul this week! I read The Near Witch last week and LOVED it!

Happy Reading!

Crys
Wannbe Librarian's IMM

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

the near witch was really good. enjoy!

SJ said...

What an amazing week for you. I'd never be able to save that much it'd totally burn a hole in my pocket. Thanks for sharing. Here's My IMM. Happy Reading!

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

Yay for your brand-spanking-new Kindle!! And look at all those books you got too! Awesome.

Enjoy them and good luck with the college packing. Just remember, books are heavy, so pack those boxes lightly :)

Candace said...

Wow! What a week! YAY for the kindle! My ereader broke and I miss NetGalley and Galley Grab, but on the plus side I have less pressure because less review books! And I'm enjoying that part.
I love the stuff you got for college. The black and white is cool and purple for an accent color will look good!
And I'm SO jealous you got Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I WANT WANT WANT!
Enjoy your books and kindle!

Bailey said...

You did have an epic week! =D Love all the black and white stuff you got! Great idea on the storage boxes for books! I am going to college next year and I need to start thinking about books and how to bring them. =P

My IMM

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Jealous!!!! Hope you enjoy them, though :) My IMM is here! Happy Reading,

~Zakiya LadyWings :D

YA Book Queen said...

Yay for the Kindle!! Isn't it fabulous?

Happy reading :D

Chey said...

I really wanted those storage bins (the city lights) from Walmart too! Dang, I'm jealous you got them. They're so pretty! :P Anyways, I got The Near Witch this week, too. I'm so excited to read it. :D

mrs_laura_koehler said...

Awesome set of stuff this week. Loving those storage boxes. Also glad you were finally able to get you a kindle. I am partial to b & n so i have a nook color, and love it.
Happy Reading, and getting ready for school.
check out my IMM if you get a chance.

Sash and Em said...

I'm reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone right now!

Check out Em's IMM!

Gabby said...

Great IMM I'm so jealous I have been saving to get a kindle or nook not sure yet. Also you got some great new books. New Follower. Gabby @ YA Pixie
My Blog. Yapixie.blogspot.com

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!