My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Forgotten

Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Pub. Date: June 7th, 2011
Pages: 288
Age Level: 14+
Source: For review from publisher.


Synopsis via Goodreads
Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.


Noteworthy Passages

London; pg. 30
I remember forward.
I remember forward and forget backward.
My memories, bad, boring, or good, haven't happened yet.
So, like it or not--and like it I don't--I will remember standing in fresh-cut grass with the black-clad figures surrounded by stone until I do it for real. I will remember the funeral until it happens--until someone dies.
And after that, it will be forgotten.

London & Luke; pg. 198-199
"Hmm, just a sec," Luke says, reaching his outside arm toward the nightstand and retrieving my cell phone. He frees his other arm from under me, quickly types a message, and hits send. Immediately my phone buzzes to alert me that I have a new text.
"What does it say?" I ask after Luke sets the phone next to the bed.
"The boy in the closet is your boyfriend. He loves you and will tell you all about last night."


~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all enjoyed those two passages. This was a really great read and I thought both these passages would do a good job of getting you wanting to read it if you didn't already. For more on my thoughts you can check out my review.

As always, comments appreciated and thanks for stopping by.

Buy Forgotten (My Review)

Amazon / B&N / Kindle / Nook / Book Depository









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Just finished this book today. So good! :)

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

I kinda want to reread this now. I still have my copy, so I may need to whip it out this weekend and get my reread on. Great passages!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!