My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Monday, January 11, 2010

Blogger Interview: Chick Lit Teens, Part 1


Hello everyone! Today I would like you all to welcome Jessica from over at Chick Lit Teens who was kind enough to let me interview her. :D


Name: Jessica
Alias (Optional): Chick Lit Teens
Blog:
Chick Lit Teens


Part 1: Bloggish/Bookish


The Book Pixie: Tell us a little bit about your blog

Chick Lit Teens: My blog, Chick Lit Teens, is a review blog that's main focus is YA fiction. Though the name suggests solely teen chick lit, I actually read and review a plethora of different sub-genres within YA fiction.

TBP: Who or what made you want to start blogging?

CLT: I started blogging because it combines three of my favorite things - writing, reading and ranting. I wanted to share my love of reading with other teens like me and reviewing seemed like the perfect outlet for me. I'd always informally reviewed books in conversation, but it wasn't until I reviewed a few book on RandomBuzzers.com that I discovered how much fun it could be to formally review books. A few clicks later I had my own blog and I've been reviewing ever since.

TBP: What is your favorite part about blogging?

CLT: My favorite part about blogging would have to be having the chance to share my passion for books with the world. I find it incredible that people actually care about what I have to say about books. It amazes me each and every time I write a review that authors, publishers and people all across the world will read it. That alone is the most rewarding part of all of it.

TBP: On average, how many books do you read/review a month?

CLT: Hmmm...I'd say I probably review a minimum of four books a month, because I aim to review a book a week. Of course, there are weeks when I'll review two or three books, so it really depends on the month. I don't always review every book I read though, so I probably read anywhere from five to ten books a month.

TBP: If you were on a deserted island and could only bring books by one author, which author's books would you choose?

CLT: Hard question! I guess I'd have to say Sarah Dessen. Out of all of my favorite authors she's written the most, which means I'd have some variety. I'd go out of my mind if I only had one or two books to read. She's also one of the authors whose books I haven't reread much, so the stories wouldn't be too familiar to me.

TBP: What are three of the books you are most looking forward to this year?

CLT: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater, Hunger Games #3 by Suzanne Collins and Heist Society by Ally Carter. There are so many more though! I actually made a list devoted to all of the books I'm looking forward to this year. You can check it out here.

TBP: Do you like to write? Working on something in particular?

CLT: I LOVE to write. From essays to reviews I pretty much love it all. My favorite thing to write, however, would probably be YA fiction. I've written fiction ever since I was little and still love it. I finished the first draft of my latest (and first finished) novel on the last day of 2009. Right now I'm taking a hiatus from that manuscript before I start revising it and am working on another WIP.

TBP: Any advice for those bloggers/reviewers just starting out?

CLT: Read and review. Seriously, that should be your main focus the entire time. Followers, review copies and all of that jazz is only a piece of blogging. A reward for doing the grunt work really. If you're passionate about reading and reviewing and that shows, then everything else will follow. After all, if you build it, they will come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This concludes Part 1 of my interview with Jessica. The fun continues in Part 2 where I'll ask her a mix of wacky, random, and thoughtful questions, so stay tuned because Part 2 will be posted on Thursday. :D


5 comments:

Emma said...

Fantastic interview! Going to follow her!

Chick Lit Teens said...

Thanks for the interview! I had a lot of fun answering your questions.

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Love learning of new blogs. Thanks

Briana said...

It's so cool that's she's been writing since she was little. Great questions Bri :)

-Briana

YA Book Queen said...

Woohoo! A Sarah Dessen fan! Great interview! :)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!