My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Friday, January 22, 2010

Noteworthy Passages: The Pace

The Pace by Shelena Shorts
Publisher: Lands Atlantic Publishing, LLC
Pub. Date: August 19th 2009
Pages: 312
Age Level: 14+


Synopsis
Weston Wilson is not immortal and he is of this world. But, aging is not part of his existence, and eighteen-year-old Sophie Slone is determined to find out why. In doing so, she could also uncover something about her own life expectancy that she may not want to know. Suddenly, immortality will mean everything and nothing all at the same time.

Intensely fascinating and rich with determination, The Pace brings together romance, mystery, and suspense in a compelling bond that is sure to have readers asking for more.


Noteworthy Passages

Sophie; pg.59
He looked at me, and I noticed for the first time in the dark car that his eyes had a glassy look to them. I could almost see my reflection. It was like a subtle shine to a lake in the evening. It was mesmerizing.

Exchange Between Sophie and Wes; pg.73
"Can I get in one?" I asked.
"Of course." He motioned his hand, obligingly, toward the closest car. He had a devious smile on his face, but I ignored it. I tried to grab for a door handle, but there wasn't one. "How do I..." I started to ask, but then it registered. "Wait, I'm not supposed to climb in, am I?"
"Yes," he said, chuckling, and that explained his insidious invitation.
"Never mind," I said, turning away from the car, as the embarrassing vision flashed through my brain.

Exchange between Sophie and Dawn; pg. 102-103
I set the phone down on the counter and after only a minute, I stared at it, wondering why he hadn't replied. I didn't even notice dawn sneak up behind me.
"Are you waiting for it to jump up and dance?" she asked. I looked up to notice her eyeing my phone. I let out a chuckle.
"Yeah, I suppose so."
"Hmm...I'm betting a guy...no, not just a guy. A really cute guy," she said, hypothesizing.
"What makes you say that?" I asked, trying to sound innocent.
"Because you wouldn't be watching it that hard if it wasn't."


~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed these Noteworthy Passages from The Pace by Shelena Shorts! There were a lot more that I would have liked to include but they were a touch on the spoiler side.
Review
Interview









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Grr, now I want to read this even MORE. I checked out the author's site after reading your review-I'm so interested now...

Kim said...

How come whenever you post a Noteworthy Passage it makes me want to read the book?!! GAH....I need to check this one out now. CURSE YOU. O_O

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

Quit making me want this book so much!

skyla11377 said...

Great Noteworthy Passages, Thanks For Sharing Them.

Unknown said...

I really want to read this book! The quotes were amazing! I want to know what happens :)

Jessy said...

I'm not too sure about the love interests name being Wes. I don't think I can think romantically about someone named Wes...

Ladytink_534 said...

Lol, phone watching is not something I miss!

Anonymous said...

I think I would be the complete opposite with the phone thing. I usually throw my phone across the room if I'm waiting for a response from a guy XD Though at pages 102/3 they might have already developed a relationship of sorts... I guess I'll have to get the book and see!

Kelly said...

I am so excited about reading this! I can't wait! Great passages. :D

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

Nice picks! The last one had me laughing and I NEED to go pick up this book now, if only to figure out what leads up to these scenes.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I also really like this writing style. I love the first quote, how his eyes were "mesmerizing."

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!