My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Blogger on the Block: Confessions of a Bookaholic


Ok, so a couple of weeks ago I came across this awesome new book blog called Confessions of a Bookaholic. There were reviews already up, a great layout, and consistent posting during it's short time running. However, to my utter shock, no followers. I was very proud to be Jessica's, the blog creator, first follower. And guess what? She has over 50 now. Jessica has done an amazing job with her blog in such a short amount of time. I promoted her on twitter a bit to try and get more followers her way when it was just me as a follower but now I wanna do something a bit bigger. So, I'm doing this post. I don't normally do this kind of stuff but I could tell Jessica had put a great deal of an amount of work into her blog and after talking to her a bit, could also tell she was blogging for the right reasons.

If you have not checked out her blog already, you really should. Here is a little bit about Jessica from her About Me on her sidebar:

"I'm Jessica and this is my new book blog! I do this in my spare time. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful 2 year old and I'm also a full time graduate student. Books are my passion and I hope to share that with others."

Jessica currently has TWO release parties planned for two awesome books which you can view more information about by clicking the buttons below:



She also has an awesome contest going on for TWO signed copies of.......

along with some swag and a t-shirt which you can enter to win HERE!!!

So what are you waiting for? Go check out this great blog now!





5 comments:

Melissa said...

I recently found Jessica's blog, too - it's fabulous! Great to see a fabulous blogger being recognized!!

Natascha De Marco said...

Checked her out ;]

Jessica said...

OMG you are the best!! I couldn't have done what I have been able to do so far without you. Literally! You were the first person to reach out to me and help. I knew no one in the blogging world and was pretty afraid to contact anyone and ask for them to add me. I was thrilled when you added me and said you posted my link. Wow! It's so great to know people are out there that are willing to help. :)
If you ever need ANYTHING or want me to help with something contact me. I will always do whatever I can to help you. I can't thank you enough for writing this about me. Because of you helping me, that's why I wanted to start that post every few weeks to let new bloggers link to their site.

You are the absolute BEST Briana!!! *lots of hugs*

Jess~

~The Book Pixie said...

Aww, Jess, your welcome! I was happy to help you knowing you had and are continuing to really work hard to make your blog the best it can be. And thank you for all those kind words. You rock! *hugs back* :D

~Briana

Susan said...

I always love finding new book blogs. Heading over there now ...

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!