My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Friday, May 14, 2010

Noteworthy Passages: Angel Star

Angel Star (ARC) by Jennifer Murgia
Publisher: Lands Atlantic Publishing
Release Date: May 18th, 2010
Pages: 256
Age Level: 14+

Series: #1

Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.

Synopsis
Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand-the mark of an angel.
But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows.
Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower.


Noteworthy Passages

Exchange between Teagan and Claire; pg. 16
"Mm-hmm." Claire eyed me over the Devil Dog she was devouring. She reached across and grabbed my hand, opening my palm before her. "Like I thought. It says, 'I have a crush on Garreth Adams.' It says so in your sweaty little palm."
"Does not!" I stood up to drop my bag into the garbage can, turning my back on her.
"Does too! Perspiration doesn't lie!" she yelled after me.

Teagan; pg. 134
I couldn't look away from the glass angel. The rain was coming down heavier than ever now, dimming the likeness in the glass. A passing car disrupted my thoughts. It's red taillights illuminated the angel from behind in a scarlet glow no one else seemed to notice. I looked around the room. Everyone's head was bowed except mine.My eyes returned to the window above me and I shuddered as I saw the still-red glow penetrate the raindrops and spill down the angel's face like tears of blood.

Exchange between Teagan and Garreth; pg. 208
Then, leaning even closer, he placed the sweetest, softest kiss his lips could possibly allow on my lips. "You did mention Hadrian's name a few times. Not many, but a few."
"And?"
Do I really want to know?
He looked away for a moment, taking his light with him. I felt left in the dark in more ways than one.
Oops, what have I done?

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took so long to get the Noteworthy Passages up for this book but things have been hectic with Mother's Day and all the other blogoversary posts, etc. I hope you all enjoyed these passages and that they will make you want to pick up the book and read it. You can find my review
HERE and my interview with Jennifer Murgia HERE.









PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

1 comments:

Emma said...

Great picks!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!