My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Noteworthy Passages: Shadow of the Moon

Shadow of the Moon by Marina Cohen
Publisher: Vanwell Publishing Limited
Pub. Date: March 31st, 2007
Pages: 224
Series: 1st in Trilogy
Age Level: 9+

Synopsis via Goodreads
Twelve-year-old twins, Drake and Stella Livingstone, along with friend Sherman Glutz, are sucked through the last light of a solar eclipse to an ancient world plunged into infinite darkness.

By the flickering glow of a pickle jar filled with fireflies, the trio braves slithering shadows, mind-boggling caves, nocturnal animals and mythical creatures. Can they restore light to the universe before it’s too late?


Noteworthy Passages

Sherman; pg. 60 (FYI: Gertrude is a giant praying mantis.)
Inevitably Sherman would be left standing alone. Pathetic, he thought. The painful conversation he'd had too many times to count ran its course through Sherman's mind as he watched Gertrude rip off the head of a pinhead cricket and devour it whole. Something about Gertrude reminded Sherman of his mother, though he couldn't quite place what it was.

Sherman and Drake; pg. 111
Sherman handed his jar to Drake and dropped to the ground. He proceeded to do three push-ups. Then he sprang to his feet and began lunging.
"What in the world are you doing?" asked Drake.
"Warming up," he said, rolling his his head and then adding a few shoulder lifts. "We're going rock climbing. I don't want to pull a muscle..."
Drake rolled his eyes. "I think you've already pulled one. In your brain!"
Sherman took the jar from Drake and gave him a withering glare.

Aggira, Drake, and Sowillow; pg. 179
The growing waves subsided as Aggira let out an earsplitting cry and focused her attention up toward the sky now filled with wild currents of air. Something rushed down passing Aggira and the small boat so hard and swift that Drake was forced to shut his eyes. Then the gust swept back upward with tempestuous speed.
"Aggira you old trickster," roared Sowillow. "Show yourself properly to these young creatures. Let them see you as you truly are, you old sea hag!"
The face that Drake had thought beautiful morphed into a squid-like apparition. Aggira stretched to enormous heights--a hideous black gelatinous blob with sprawling tentacles.

~~~~~~~~~

Well those are the passages for Shadow of the Moon. In case that wasn't enough to get you curious about this book then check out my
Review.

As always, thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear your thoughts. :D










PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to pass along the Cherry on Top award! Grab it on my blog

http://undomesticated-productsonline.blogspot.com/

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!