My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Thursday, October 14, 2010

Noteworthy Passages: Trick of the Light

Trick of the Light by Marina Cohen
Publisher: Vanwell Publishing Limited
Pub. Date: October 1st, 2007
Pages: 222
Series: 2nd in Trilogy
Age Level: 9+


Synopsis via Book
When Sherman Glutz receives a mysterious package in the mail, he has no idea his life is about to become another exciting and dangerous adventure. Unwilling to believe the bizarre clues, Sherman is more concerned with surviving the bully, Billie Binkleburg. And yet, when Sherman accepts he has no choice but to rescue his old pal Drake Livingstone, and when Billie comes along for the ride, a trip through a black hole bridging time and space seems to be the least of Sherman's worries.


Noteworthy Passages

Sherman & Billie; pg. 50-51
"You're a bully, Billie!" said Sherman, as they rode home on the school bus.
"Am not," she scoffed, leaning over his shoulder. "I like you, Klutz. Really. You don't bully someone you don't like, now do you?"
Sherman shuddered at the thought of what The Beast might do to him if she actually disliked him.

Drake & Umbra; pg. 117
Drake was itching to press Umbra for more details. Perhaps if he knew the connection he could undo it. But he couldn't risk thinking. Not now. Not when he was this close.
He willed his mind shut. Every muscle in his body contracted. Sweat trickled down the side of his head. Don't think. Don't think. Sing something. Quick.

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine...


Umbra shot him a malevolent look. He was less than amused.
"Oops. Bad choice, huh?" said Drake.

~~~~~~~

I really loved that last passage. For those of you just hearing about Trick of the Light, the sequel to Shadow of the Moon, Umbra is the bad dude and represents darkness. No, that isn't a spoiler either. I just thought that particular passage was so hilarious and clever.

Anyway, if you would like to learn more about the first two books in Marina Cohen's MG trilogy and the author herself, here are some links for ya:

Review of Shadow of the Moon
Noteworthy Passages of Shadow of the Moon
Review Trick of the Light
Interview with Marina

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts. If you would like to see a giveaway for Shadow of the Moon and Trick of the Light, please let me know. These books are out of print so this will be one of the only chances you'll have to get them until Cohen can get them republished.










PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

1 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

Your quotes definitely piqued my interest. Thanks

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!