My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Author Interview: Jennifer Murgia

I would like to introduce you all to Jennifer Murgia, author of Angel Star, releasing May 18th, 2010. She was kind enough to let me interview her and I really enjoyed getting to know this lovely author.

The Book Pixie: Tell us a little bit about yourself.


Jennifer Murgia: I’m the mother of two and am sort of a homebody – especially in the winter. If I could hibernate, I would! I’m soft-spoken. I love the smell of lemons. I’m never without a book and I’m addicted to coffee, which tends to make me chatty.

TBP: Give us a brief synopsis of your book.

JM: Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams, her guardian angel come to earth. But where there is light, dark follows, and now she is torn between one angel's sacrifice and another angel's vicious ambition that threatens not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows.

TBP: What is it like to have your first book published?

JM: It’s an amazing feeling! This has been my dream for a long time.

TBP: How did you react when you first discovered that Angel Star was going to be published?

JM: My publisher called with the offer and I was actually shaking! My son and daughter were home at the time and we all sort of jumped around and screamed, then I called my husband with the news. It’s still hard to believe ANGEL STAR is getting published!

TBP: What is it you love most about being a writer?

JM: I love creating new worlds. Scenes and conversations will stew around in my brain for a while, so I love having the opportunity to bring it out into the open and not keep it all contained. The story usually sprouts legs at that point and I often have to do all I can to keep up!

TBP: Do you have a favorite scene or line from Angel Star?

JM: I do! And here it is:

“Do you believe there is a heaven?” Garreth whispered, his face close enough I could feel his breath on my hair.

“Yes,” I whispered back. How could I possibly tell him that if heaven were here on earth at this very moment, it would be here. Now.

“And angels?” he asked once again. I could feel my pulse quicken, my heart racing behind my ribs . . . wings came to mind. I slowly looked up at him and asked what I knew was slightly irrational.

“Are you for real?”

TBP: What song do you think best suits Angel Star?

JM: Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls ~ although I was heavily influenced by Evanescence while writing. (Evanescence rocks!)

TBP: How did you come up with the names Teagan and Garreth?

JM: I always had a soft spot for the name Teagan. I had heard it somewhere and it stuck with me. Garreth is Latin for “light”, which represents all he encompasses.

TBP: Who in your life has made the biggest impact on who you are today? (Besides yourself.)

JM: I believe my husband, my parents and my grandmother all deserve to be given credit here, but I really need to say my children have made me who I am right now.
They're my perfect balance. We have structure, house rules, but yet we have crazy, silly moments that I cherish deeply. Being a mother has taught me to let go and be the real "me".

TBP: Anything else you'd like to add?

JM: I just want to say thank you so much for having me! This has been really fun! I also want to invite everyone to stop by my website http://www.jennifermurgia.com/ from time to time as we wait for the release of ANGEL STAR.


I would like to thank you all for stopping by my blog and welcoming Jennifer. I would also like to thank Jennifer for the interview. I hope you all enjoyed getting to know her as much as I did.








11 comments:

aprilnichole said...

Good job on the interview. Angel Star sounds interesting. I like the cover for it too.

Fantastic Book Review said...

Jennifer is such a sweet person. I'm excited about reading her book. I have to admit I love your favorite scene...I had my own image of the scene - Chilling in a good way!

Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Murgia said...

Thanks everyone! Especially to Briana! What an honor!

Eleni said...

Great interview...I never heard of this book before, I'm definitely going to check it out :P

Rhiannon Hart said...

Congratulations on your forthcoming book, Jennifer, I look forward to it! Lovely interview :)

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thank you for the great interview and bringing Jennifer Murgia & ANGEL STAR to my attention. Jennifer's debut novel sounds like a good read & it's on my Get&Read list now. Thanks for sharing Jennifer. I enjoyed learning about you & your writing.
All the best,
RKCharron
xoxo

Windowpane Memoirs said...

She is so sweet … I love the teaser of the book.

Peace
Michelle

Jen said...

Great interview hon! Thank you!

Sweety you have an award on my blog below

http://jensbooktalk.blogspot.com/2009/11/award-kreativ-blogger.html

cleemckenzie said...

Sounds like an interesting book to read. Thanks for the interview.

Kilee's Closet said...

You have an award at me blog! :D
http://kileescloset.blogspot.com/2009/11/awards-5.html

Sandy said...

I liked how she described herself xD. That sneak peek she gave for her book has gotten me so curious! Guess I know what book I'll be WoWing this week ;)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!