My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Sunday, August 15, 2010

Some Bad News & An Unavoidable Hiatus

So I got a new computer mouse and I thought everything was going to get back to normal blogging wise; well, I was wrong. On Tuesday night, my Grandmother was driving back from working at the elections when she had a massive heart attack. It was severe enough that it killed her instantly. What made everything worse was that when it killed her, it made her hand jerk the wheel to the left. The vehicle flipped 2 and a half times, ending up in the woods. My uncle, her son, and uncle-in-law went looking for her when they realized she hadn't gotten back home yet. It was 4AM Wednesday morning when they finally found her. They kept expecting to find the vehicle on what would have been her right and with the Explorer being hunter green, it wasn't until they'd gotten a spotlight out that they finally found her despite having the police looking for her too.

Her cellphone was open so they could see where she put in a call to my uncle at 10:07PM Tuesday night and since the call never went through, we know that's about exactly when she had the heart attack. Our only relief was knowing that she hadn't suffered.

On Friday, my uncle, the one who found her, was put into ICU at the hospital. Not only was this the day before the funeral but it was his birthday as well.

So as you can imagine, things have been really hard for me and my family. I had been hoping to get back to blogging regularly but it is probably going to be a while before things get back to normal. Most of the worst of everything is over but I need some time. I will be trying to get at least a couple posts up here and there but I can't make any promises or guarantees. I just wanted you all to know why I've not been posting much and why I probably won't be for a little while. I'm also way behind on emails so if you are waiting for a reply, please be patient with me.

I hope you'll keep my family and myself in your prayers; we sure could use them right about now.



20 comments:

Good Choice Reading said...

OMG I am so sorry babe! You and your family will be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you.

A Life Bound By Books said...

Hi Briana,

I'm so sorry to hear about everything you and your family have been going through. Know were all here for you and thinking about you. We'll be here when your ready to come back.

You will be missed but we all more then understand.

<3 - Lisa

Anonymous said...

That is really tough! I'll definitely pray for you guys. At least no one else was hurt.

God Bless. <3

Enchanted by Books said...

Briana,
I am so deeply sorry for your terrible loss. I completely felt your pain as I read your post. This is such a devestating way to find out about someone you love passing away. Please know that she is always with you and watching over you now. This is not the end and one day you will be with her again.

Jessica said...

Briana,

OMG, I am so sorry and I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. I will be thinking about you all and please know that we will miss you while you are gone but we completely understand you needing some time.

If you need anything, please email me. I know I can't do much from here but I will do whatever I can hun!

*hugs*
Jess~

Sandy said...

Oh my god Bri! I'm so sorry for your family's loss... but at least your grandmother is resting in a peaceful place--I know I keep saying this but don't even WORRY about posting--in these kinds of situations family is the most important thing and you and your family will need each other for strength. Good thoughts and prayers will be sent your way. <3

Brenda Hyde said...

Please just take care of yourself, and don't worry about your blog. We will all be here when you return:) I'm so sorry about your grandma, and your uncle too. {{{HUGS}}}

Caitlin said...

I wish you and your family quick recovery from your tragic lose. I too know what it's liek to lose someone close to me.

Wrighty said...

I'm so very sorry to hear of all that your family has been through. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother and I hope your uncle has a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and know that we are all here for you. Don't worry a bit about blogging but if you need a distraction or just some support, you have us. I wish you well. *Hugs*

Malbebe said...

Wow I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through. I can kind of understand your situation. My dad had a severe heart attack at his work while working out. If my dad had not decided to go to the gym that morning the outcome would not have been a great one. I thank God every day that the gym had a defibrillator on hand. I remember that day like it was yesterday. My high school freshman self jealous that one of my classmates got early dismissal. Few minutes later I got my wish and it was for news no teen ever thinks of hearing. I don't even think my dad was 40 years old yet. Happened on my Aunt's Birthday too. As long as you keep a positive attitude and your family by your side, you all will get through this. I will be keeping you guys in my thought and prayers. <3

Mrs. DeRaps said...

I am so sorry to read this. I hope that time with your family is healing. You're in our thoughts.

Brooke Reviews said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Your poor family. You should take as much time as you need and not worry about us. You being with your family at this time is more important than us getting book reviews. I hope your Uncle gets better soon. *squeeze*

Kristen said...

That's intense hon. I hope the best for you and your family. My grandfather had a heart attack this summer and thankfully survived, but it was really rough to think of losing any of my grandparents. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Briana I am truly sorry. My prayers are with you and your family. Tore923@aol.com

Book Genie said...

I am so so sorry for your loss!!! It is probably really difficult for you and your family right now, but trust me it will get better. I know how you feel, I lost one of my longest friends in May, and it still kills me. But it has gotten better, and I promise you and your family that it will get better for all of you also!!! You have a lot of amazing followers on here who will help you, and we all have you in our prayers.
I'm so sorry

Steph said...

So sorry to hear this. Your thoughts are with me!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my prayers.

Shalonda said...

I am so very sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Briana said...

I'll definitely say a prayer for you and your family tonight. I'm so sorry :(

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!