My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: Mad Love

Mad Love (ARC) by Suzanne Selfors
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers
Pub. Date: January 4th, 2010
Pages: 336
Age Level: 13+
Source:
For Review from Author

Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.


Synopsis via Goodreads
When you're the daughter of the bestselling Queen of Romance, life should be pretty good. But 16-year-old Alice Amorous has been living a lie ever since her mother was secretly hospitalized for mental illness. After putting on a brave front for months, time is running out. The next book is overdue, and the Queen can't write it. Alice needs a story for her mother—and she needs one fast.

That's when she meets Errol, a strange boy who claims to be Cupid, who insists that Alice write about the greatest love story in history: his tragic relationship with Psyche. As Alice begins to hear Errol's voice in her head and see things she can't explain, she must face the truth—that she's either inherited her mother's madness, or Errol is for real.


Noteworthy Passages

Alice; pg. 40
If mom had been diagnosed with cancer, or if she'd suffered a stroke, or even had a plastic surgery disaster, there'd be no shame. There'd be no hiding. People would race to help. The publisher understand. But no one writes get well cards for mental illness.
Sorry to hear about the schizophrenia. Hope those voices go away soon.
Sorry to hear you've got multiple personality disorder. Hope all of you start feeling better.
Sorry to hear about your catatonic depression. Try to keep your sunny side up.


Alice and Tony; pg. 89
"You fell backward," Tony said, helping me sit up. "I think you fainted. I couldn't catch you, it happened so fast. Good thing yu had those books. They protected your head."
Sure enough, after flying out of my hands, the books had landed on the sidewalk a moment before my head. Anyone Can Write a Romance Novel had kept my skull from cracking open--a service its author hadn't included in her introduction.

Alice, Realm, and Reverend Ruttles; pg. 217
"Bella and Edward have a happy ending," I said.
The reverend frowned. "I'm not familiar with that story."
"Bella ends up an undead, married teenage mom. If that sounds like a happy ending to you then you've got issues," Realm said.

~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all enjoyed those passages. To find out more on my thoughts of Mad Love, check out my Review.

As always, thanks for stopping by. Your comments are appreciated. :D








PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

1 comments:

iLuvReadingTooMuch said...

I've heard so much about this book...i need to go pick it up! and Congratulations! You won the One Lovely Blog Award on my book blog! Check it out - http://iliveforreading.blogspot.com/2011/02/confessions-of-readaholic-one-lovely.html

Rabiah @ Confessions of a Readaholic
:D

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!