My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Noteworthy Passages: A Touch Mortal

A Touch Mortal (ARC) by Leah Clifford
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Pub. Date: February 22nd, 2011
Pages: 432
Age Level: 15+
Source:
For review from publisher.

Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.

Synopsis via Goodreads
Eden didn't expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick-up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long, happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.

And that's only the beginning of the end.

Noteworthy Passages

Gabe and Kristen; pg. 37-38
"I know how much you hate doing things out of the kindness of your heart...." He trailed off, waiting.
"It's not that I don't like to. It's just there's not much kindness in there. I save it for special occasions."

Luke; pg. 164
"Just because I don't know how to work a toy, doesn't mean I don't want it in my toy box. She's shiny."

Eden; pg. 391-392
The louder she was, the crazier she seemed to the few passersby. She must have looked more wrecked than she felt if New Yorkers were avoiding her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

One thing I didn't think to mention in my review was how Clifford did a wonderful job of giving excellent lines to a variety of her characters, where in some books, only the protagonist gets the best lines. This was something else that I really liked about A Touch Mortal. For more on my thoughts, check out my Review.

As always, thanks for stopping by and comments are appreciated!








PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read this. It definitely sounds interesting.

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

My copy has yet to arrive, but I'm more than ready to red this. I love the first passage you chose :D

BookGeek said...

This does sound interesting. A bit of a turn off that her name is Eden, to be honest, but if the characterization is strong, maybe I'll forget that. I like the passages idea!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!