My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Violins of Autumn!


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Viloins of Autumn by Amy McAuley
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Pub. Date: June 19th, 2012
Pages: 336
Age Level: YA

Synopsis via Goodreads
Go behind enemy lines during World War II in this tale of romance and espionage...

Betty, an American teenager living in Britain, is determined to contribute to the cause when the Germans begin bombing London in World War II. Instead of collecting scrap metal or running air raid drills like most girls her age, Betty lies about her age and trains to become a spy and member of the Special Operations Executive. Now known by her secret agent persona, Adele Blanchard, she soon finds herself parachuting over German-occupied France in the dark of night to join the secret Resistance movement.

Adele's missions in Paris and throughout the French countryside delivering top-secret messages, lead to several close calls with the Gestapo, but it's when she crosses paths with a young American pilot that Adele fully realizes the brutality of this war and the seriousness of her circumstances. Plus her changing feelings for this pilot are as uncertain as their future. Can Adele elude the Gestapo long enough to enjoy the future they are trying to protect?

~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so once upon a time I used to do Waiting on Wednesday, but then I stopped. Now that I'm in college and could, quite frankly, use some easy posts, I've decided to start doing it again. Now about the book I picked. For those of you who weren't aware, I'm a total sucker for a good WWII book and I'm glad to see more of this time period coming into the YA historical fiction genre. This and another, Code Name Verity, are two I'm really looking forward to and I can't wait for them to release. Violins of Autumn sounds like a book I'm going to absolutely love and the cover is gorgeous!






3 comments:

JessiM said...

I love it when good-looking YA historical fiction like this pops up! Great pick! :)

Sandy said...

Ok, this sounds awesome! I'm especially intrigued by the spy aspect of the story. Great pick, Bri! :)

Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

This one sounds amazing. A spy during WWII? Can't miss this one!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!