My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Thursday, May 17, 2012

Noteworthy Passages: Graffiti Moon!

Graffiti Moon (ARC) by Cath Crowley
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Pub. Date: February 14th, 2012
Pages: 272
Age Level: 14+
Source: Netgalley

Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.

Synopsis via Goodreads
Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city. And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes.

Noteworthy Passages (Kindle edition)

Ed & Leo; Loc. 129-31
"Don't start. Gran's been complaining about Melbourne weather all day. I told her, 'You live in Austrailia, that's what you get.'" 
"What'd she say?"
"She made me clean out the shed."
"That's what I thought." Leo's one of the toughest guys around, but his gran's tougher. 

Ed & Lucy; Loc. 1149-51
I think about her being disappointed because I'm a guy going nowhere, not a guy who's sensitive and smart and funny. I think about her going to college and making glass and me staying where I am spraying walls and scraping rent. "I can show you how to get the ship in the bottle," she says. "If you want."
"I don't know. Seems like a lot of trouble for a boat that's going nowhere."

Lucy; Loc. 2010-13
I hear everything he's ever painted in his voice. I hear that person on the beach, looking at the waves. I hear hearts rocked by earthquakes and disappointed seas. I see the doors along the corridors in his head. I make myself look at him, because he needs to be looked at. He needs to be seen. I hate that he's been on his own for so long, painting graffiti moons and bricked-in birds and keeping quiet about who he really is.

Ed; Loc 2070
"Criminal mastermind at work. You forgot to put petrol in the getaway van."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so I just LOVED this book and there were so many great passages! I hope you enjoyed the ones I selected. To find out more on what I thought of Graffiti Moon, you can read my review HERE. Thanks for stopping by, would love to hear your thoughts! :D


Buy Graffiti Moon
Amazon / B&N / Kindle / Nook / Book Depository












PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January (2011) in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

3 comments:

LoveOfBooks said...

Oh, I've seen this one around. Those are great passages. I've kind of been on the fence about reading it, but it does sound good.

Christy @ Love of Books

Shannon said...

Here's what I think. I.want.to.read.this.book. :)

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

We Heart YA said...

What a coincidence! We just blogged about this book too. Totally loved it. Ed = one of our top YA guys!

http://www.weheartya.com/2012/05/boys-i-mean-books-of-summer.html

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!