My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Sunday Post (2)


~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~




Book News:

Catherine by April Linder finally has a cover!

Synopsis via Goodreads
True love never dies in this modern retelling of one of literature's most haunting star-crossed romances, Wuthering Heights.

Catherine is tired of struggling musicians befriending her just so they can get a gig at her Dad's famous Manhattan club, The Underground. Then she meets mysterious Hence, an unbelievably passionate and talented musician on the brink of success. As their relationship grows, both are swept away in a fiery romance. But when their love is tested by a cruel whim of fate, will pride keep them apart?

Chelsea has always believed that her mom died of a brief illness, until she finds a letter her dad has kept from her for years--a letter from her mom, Catherine, who didn't die: She disappeared. Driven by unanswered questions, Chelsea sets out to look for her--starting with the return address on the letter: The Underground.

Told in two voices, twenty years apart, Catherine interweaves a timeless forbidden romance with a compelling modern mystery.

Blog News (Past) :

This past Friday was my blogoversary so I got a post up on that and a lot of giveaways, which I'm still posting. You can find all the giveaways currently going on here above this post in the Site Announcements Area. And here's a little, emphasis on little, post recap:

Waiting on Wednesday: Incarnation!
Noteworthy Passages: Graffiti Moon
It's My Three Year Blogoversary!

Blog News (Future) :

So I didn't get as much posted last week as planned but hoping to do better this week. I'm planning to get reviews up of The Immortal Rules and Fracture. And hopefully some other fun stuff as well.

Book Haul (What I got last week) :





Bought for Kindle
~Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini ($0.99)
~Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink ($2.99)
~The DUFF by Kody Keplinger ($2.99)

Free for Kindle
~Eden by Keary Taylor

Bought
~Divergent by Veronica Roth

RAK Gift from Shayna
~What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Well that is what's coming up on my blog soon, news, and the wonderful books I got this past week. If you'd like to join The Sunday Post meme simply follow the link in the description to Kimba's blog. Hope you all got some good books this past week too. :D
 
 


9 comments:

Kristin A. said...

I picked up Eden as well this week. Looks like you have some great books to review and Catherine looks really good will have to keep an eye out for that.

My Weekly Wrap Up

@MelissaJoLynn_ said...

What I didn't say looks cute. I haven't seen that one before. Yay for Divergent. I just got Insurgent yesterday and was very excited. My Sunday Post/STS
-Melissa @Harley Bear Book Blog

WTF Are You Reading said...

You have some great books!
WTF Are You Reading?: WTF's In My Mailbox #4

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Happy Blogoversary! I loved Divergent and hope you did too! Eden has me intrigued! Catherine sounds interesting..is it a part of a series? Must research..eep!
Have an awesome week and thanks for being a part of The Sunday Post

Unknown said...

Starcrossed and Divergent were both amazing. I think you're going to like it too.

Mariana @ Book Travels

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Those are some really good deals for your kindle!! I really loved Starcrossed and The Duff and I hope you enjoy them too! :)
You can check out what books I got this week here!

Bellas Shelf said...

Happy Blog-o-versary! Hope it was a nice day for you.
I loved DUFF! I think you will too. It really surprised me, it was deeper than I thought it would be.
SO many got Starcrossed this week. Isnt Dreamless the first in the series?
I'll read up on the series b4 I check it out.
Have a gr8 week!
fran@b&b

ellepaulette said...

Awesome haul! Looks like you have some wonderful reading in your future! :)

Thanks for sharing,
Dani

http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2051

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Sweet books! Love, love, love Divergent!

Seems like there's been a lot of great ebook deals lately....Hope you enjoy them all!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!