My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Elemental!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Elemental
by Antony John
Dial
November 8th, 2012
YA

Synopsis via Goodreads

A lost colony is reborn in this heart-pounding fantasy adventure set in the near future . . .

Sixteen-year-old Thomas has always been an outsider. The first child born without the power of an Element—earth, water, wind or fire—he has little to offer his tiny, remote Outer Banks colony. Or so the Guardians would have him believe.

In the wake of an unforeseen storm, desperate pirates kidnap the Guardians, intent on claiming the island as their own. Caught between the plague-ridden mainland and the advancing pirates, Thomas and his friends fight for survival in the battered remains of a mysterious abandoned settlement. But the secrets they unearth will turn Thomas’ world upside-down, and bring to light not only a treacherous past but also a future more dangerous than he can possibly imagine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so Five Flavors of Dumb and Thou Shalt Not Road Trip are both on my wishlist. So naturally I would add this one and it does sound really good! Should probably get to one of the others. lol. The cover is pretty rockin' too, though it kinda reminds a lot of the cover of Divergent. So what do you think?


4 comments:

Mari said...

The word pirates mixed with dangerous and a mysterious settlement = I'm in :)

This is the first time I've heard of Elemental but I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. It sounds like an exiting read.

Kristin A. said...

I am pretty sure that I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds really good. Definitely adding to my wishlist.

My WoW

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

this is new to me but the synopsis has me intrigued..will ck it out!
My WoW

Momo (Books Over Boys) said...

Oooh, this one sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing!

-Momo
Check out my WoW post here!

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!