My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Friday Society



Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

The Friday Society
By Adrienne Kress
Publisher: Dial
Pub. Date: December 6th, 2012
Pages: 440

Synopsis via Goodreads
Be your own hero . . .

An action-packed tale of gowns, guys, guns--and the heroines who use them all. Set in Edwardian London, The Friday Society follows the stories of three very intelligent and talented young women, all of whom are assistants to powerful men: Cora, lab assistant; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant; and Nellie, magician's assistant. The three young women's lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man.

It's up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder--and the crimes they believe may be connected to it--without calling too much attention to themselves.

Told with Adrienne Kress's sharp wit and a great deal of irreverence, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike--well, relatively ladylike--heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh oh OH! This sounds sooo good! And I'm going to have to wait so long for it. *sniffs* Gowns, guys and guns? I mean come on! This books is gonna be so killer. ;) I sure hope it lives up to how amazing I think it is going to be. So what do you think? Had you heard of this one? Do you think this is one you'll be dying to read as well?



2 comments:

Gaby G said...

Sounds sooo cool!

My WoW @ Oh My Books!

Kristin A. said...

This sounds really good. Gown, guns and Guys is a pretty convincing hook lol.

My WoW

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!