My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Saturday, July 25, 2009

Review: Drive Me Crazy

Drive Me Crazy by Erin Downing
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pub. Date: June 2, 2009
Pages: 240
Age Level: 14+

Synopsis
Kate's tote is packed, and she's ready for a road trip!

Kate and her two best friends, Sierra and Alexis, are geared up for a week of fun and freedom on the road to their family lake houses in Love, Wisconsin. Best of all, when Kate reaches Love, she'll be reunited with Lucas, with whom she shared a steamy end-of-summer kiss last year. She can't wait to see Lucas again and pick things up exactly where they left off.

Then Kate gets some seriously bad news: Alexis's sarcastic, condescending, hot-but-he-knows-it cousin is crashing the girls' road trip. Adam bugs Kate in every possible way. Now Kate just wants to get the road trip over with so she can spend the summer in Lucas's arms. But the road to Love is full of surprises....

Review
Drive Me Crazy was a great summer read that had me laughing more times than I can count. The characters were realistic and very likable. I thought it was strange how much Adam reminded me of a guy I used to go to school with and Kate, in many ways, was a lot like me in some ways. The writing was just what I expected, quickly read and well suited for a fun summer read. The ending was well done, sweet and happy, which works for this kind of book. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a fast-paced and enjoyable read that will make them laugh and smile. I can easily see myself re-reading this.

Grade
Characters: B
Writing: B-
Plot: B
Ending: B+
Cover: B

Recommendable: B+

Overall: B





4 comments:

Natascha De Marco said...

I shall read this book if not only because the girl is like you, It means shes fun!

Good review girl! and yeah, im back, I was taking a mini vacation from my vacation lol

Briana said...

Good review! I wasn't very attracted to the cover at first, but now that I now what the book is about ... I'll try it out!

-Briana

Sandy said...

I wasn't sure if I wanted to pick this book up (cheesy covers make me go...eeeeh...) but you've made me reconsider it. :]

Cindy said...

I still need to read this, yay! LOL

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!