My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: February 9, 2010
Pages: 320pgs
Age Level: YA

Synopsis
Restless souls and empty hearts

Brooklyn can't sleep. Her boyfriend, Lucca, died only a year ago, and now her friend Gabe has just died of an overdose. Every time she closes her eyes, Gabe's ghost is there waiting for her. She has no idea what he wants or why it isn't Lucca visiting her dreams.

Nico can't stop. He's always running, trying to escape the pain of losing his brother, Lucca. But when Lucca's ghost begins leaving messages, telling Nico to help Brooklyn, emotions come crashing to the surface.

As the nightmares escalate and the messages become relentless, Nico reaches out to Brooklyn. But neither of them can admit that they're being haunted. Until they learn to let each other in, not one soul will be able to rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't wait to read this! I love books written in verse and this one sounds so good! Also, the cover is awesome. Kind of eerie but beautiful at the same time.

Check out Lisa's website here

Check out Lisa's blog here

Pre-order Chasing Brooklyn here






10 comments:

Melanie said...

Hmmm... I sometimes find books written in verse a bit confusing, but the premise of this one sounds intriguing!

The Book Girl said...

I honestly cannot wait for this one! It looks fantastic and the cover is gorgeous :-)

Carrie said...

Looks very interesting. I'll definitely have to check this one out. Great pick!!!

Kristen said...

That cover is beautiful. A new verse book? I haven't read many written like that, but I'll probably give it a shot when it comes out.

Lisa Schroeder said...

Ooooh, thanks for picking my book! I'm honored - thank you!!!

Marie said...

omg how good does this sound? I loved her last book!

Sandy said...

Yay! I like novels written in verse. Have you read What My Mother Doesn't Know? Or any of the Ellen Hopkins books? (she wrote Crank!)

This one looks so good...argh! Now you got me waiting for it. x___x;

I'm sorry I have yet to pick up my lemonade award. I'm so behind. I haven't even done my In My Mailbox post. Graduation screwed me up! lol. I also noticed that you, El and Tashchima have pictures of yourselves up when I don't. I did but I took mine down because I kept getting weird friend requests. *super paranoid*

Cindy said...

You've been tagged!

http://cutelittlecindy.blogspot.com/2009/07/whats-on-your-desk-wednesday.html

Anonymous said...

this looks sooo cool!!!

Natascha De Marco said...

This does sound interesting! ^^

hey why aren't you online? It's like almost 12! >.<

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!