My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

Firespell by Chloe Neill
Publisher: Signet
Release Date: January 5th, 2010
Pages: 256
Age Level: YA
Series: Dark Elite #1

Synopsis

As the new girl at the elite St. Sophia’s boarding school, Lily Parker thinks her classmates are the most monstrous things she’ll have to face…

When Lily’s guardians decided to send her away to a fancy boarding school in Chicago, she was shocked. So was St. Sophia’s. Lily’s ultra-rich brat pack classmates think Lily should be the punchline to every joke, and on top of that, she’s hearing strange noises and seeing bizarre things in the shadows of the creepy building.

The only thing keeping her sane is her roommate, Scout, but even Scout’s a little weird—she keeps disappearing late at night and won’t tell Lily where she’s been. But when a prank leaves Lily trapped in the catacombs beneath the school, Lily finds Scout running from a real monster.

Scout’s a member of a splinter group of rebel teens with unique magical talents, who’ve sworn to protect the city against demons, vampires, and Reapers, magic users who’ve been corrupted by their power. And when Lily finds herself in the line of a firespell, Scout tells her the truth about her secret life, even though Lily has no powers of her own—at least none that she’s discovered yet…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so why do I want to read this book? Because Firespell has the whole package: great title, compelling cover, and an intriguing premise. And if that wasn't enough to make my mouth water, there is the Exclusive Look into Firespell that I posted earlier. Check it out. :D




7 comments:

Unknown said...

This book looks really good - I cant wait to get my hands on it!

Tynga said...

Yeah I really wanna read it! I pre-ordered it ^^

Ellz said...

I am so excited about this one. The cover is fantastic.
Elie(Ellz Readz)

A Passion For Books said...

O_O I can't wait for this one either. Love the cover too. Great pick!

Nikki @ Bookizzle said...

I'm looking forward to this as well! Love the cover.

Nancy said...

Great choice! I recieved this book last week to review and I cannot wait to dig into it for it sounds amazing.

This is my choice HERE

Sarbear said...

I'm waiting on Firespell now too -- Bri, this sounds amazing! What a good book to spotlight here.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!