My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day

I would like to dedicate this post to honor and remember all those who have fought for and served this wonderful country.

William Jessie Morris was my grandfather. We all called him Papa. He was enlisted into the US Air Force at the age of 15 after begging the recruiter and having his mom sign for it. He was in Communications and served in Korea, Lybia, Germany, and later Strategic Air Command Headquarters (SAC). He also acted as an intelligence courier. He received the Good Conduct Medal, was decorated for improving Communications between the US and Europe, and received numerous other medals. He later suffered from PTSD. In September of 2000, he lost the battle to rheumatoid arthritis.



These are the graves of three brothers who fought and died in WWII. One in Italy, one at Iwo Jima, and one in Germany. The older brother and the younger brother died within only three days of each other. The middle brother died a little over a year before them.

They gave their today for our tomorrow
Yet tho' thy smile be lost to sight
To memory thou art dear.


4 comments:

Shalonda said...

What a beautiful tribute.

Thank you so much for sharing about your grandfather. I greatly appreciate the honorable work he and other veterans have done for our country.

Lilixtreme said...

Lovely post! Happy Veteran's day.

Chioma said...

I have to applaud you for this post. I can tell it is very heartfelt. Im sorry about your grandfather, but I can tell you are very proud of him. Your grandfather, those three brothers, along with all the other veterens really did give their today so that we could have our tommorow. Thank You!!!

Jennifer Murgia said...

What a beautiful way to honor your Grandfather and all those who have served our country. :)

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!