My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Noteworthy Passages: Firelight

Firelight (ARC) by Sophie Jordan
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pub. Date: September 7th, 2010
Pages: 336
Series: Draki #1
Age Level: 14+

Disclaimer: Please note that this is an ARC and passages and quotes below are subject to change in the final copy.


Synopsis via Goodreads
With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness leads her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.


Noteworthy Passages

Jacinda; pg. 104
I walk the halls like a coldly functioning robot. My draki continues it's slow descent. Suffering in silence, that part of me fades into the dark. Like a healing wound, it throbs less, hurts less, feels less. Wildly, I want to tear it open, rip wide the jagged edges...make it bleed. Make it remember.

Catherine and Jacinda; pg. 263
"I feel like a rebel just knowing you. Everyone keeps asking me if you really lit Brooklyn on fire."

I arch a brow. "On fire?"
Catherine plumps up a pillow beneath her head. "The actual event has gotten a bit exaggerated." Her lips twitch. "Maybe I had something to do with that."
"Nice. Thanks."
"No problem."

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, those are Firelight's Noteworthy Passages. At least according to me. lol. If you like, you can check out my Review. Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to comment! :D










PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.


1 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

I loved Firelight, and am now really excited about the series, hoping it won't be too long until the second book is released.

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!