My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Sunday, September 26, 2010

Top 5 Books of 2011

As most of you know, Princess Bookie's Contest Craze has pretty much, more or less, begun. The first mini challenge is to list our top 5 books we're looking forward to in 2011. While there are far too many I'm looking forward to in 2011 to officially declare a top 5, here are five of some of the ones I'm looking forward to most.


#1. Mind Gap
by Marina Cohen
February 7th, 2011

Marina Cohen is a fairly new favorite author of mine after reading her YA novel, Ghost Ride. Seriously, that book was amazing and it's really got me craving more of her work. I've also just finished the her first ever book which is also the first book in her MG trilogy, Shadow of the Moon. While not as awesome as Ghost Ride, it was still pretty good and I'll be reading the second book in the trilogy soon. Plus the synopsis for Mind Gap sounds incredibly thrilling and spooky and the cover is so cool! You'll have to read my interview with Cohen to see what it's about as the synopsis is not listed on Goodreads.


#2. The Iron Quill (The Pace Series #3)
by Shelena Shorts
Pub. Date ?

This is the third book in Shorts' The Pace Series. This is a favorite series of mine so far and after the cliffhanger ending in The Broken Lake, I'm dying to find out what happens next. This truly is a unique and exciting series!


#3. Playing Hurt
by Holly Schindler

March 1st, 2011
Honestly, the YA world could do with more contemporary novels and this one sounds really good. Schindler's first novel, A Blue So Dark, is on my wishlist as well. I really like the sound of the overall premise and think I'm really going to enjoy this one. Plus, judging by a small sample I've read of A Blue So Dark, Schindler has a great writing style. :D




#4. Delirium
by Lauren Oliver

February 1st, 2011
Oliver's debut YA novel, Before I Fall, was such a beautifully, well-crafted book. I love her writing and she's pretty awesome herself. I'm really looking forward to reading more of her work, plus, who doesn't love a good dystopian novel? I think this is going to be a really amazing read.




#5. Hexbound (Dark Elite, #2)
by Chloe Neill

January 20th, 2011
I read Firespell earlier this year and really enjoyed it. The story line is great and I loved the characters. Plus, the cover totally rocks! I'm really looking forward to reading this one. :D





3 comments:

Briana said...

I'm SO looking forward to Delirium! And I totally forgot about Hexbound! I'll be looking forward to that one as well.
Great choices! :)

Sandy said...

I still need to read Shelena's Pace series! And Delirium...I still need to read Before I Fall. Gah, so many books that I NEED TO READ. xD

Holly Schindler's book sounds really good...I want. *grabs at picture* Nice choices, Bri! I want everything now, lol.

Mavie said...

Delirium! I'm dying for that one! Can't wait! Great picks! :D

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!