My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Noteworthy Passages: Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pub. Date: August 31st, 2010
Pages: 335
Age Level: 14+


Synopsis via GoodReads
Wierd as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie's always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.


Noteworthy Passages

Evie; pg. 2
Tasers are a one-size-fits-all paranormal butt-kicking option. Mine's pink with rhinestones. Tasey and I have had a lot of good times together.
The vamp twitched on the ground, unconscious. He looked kind of pathetic now; I almost felt bad for him. Imagine your grandpa. Now imagine your grandpa minus fifty pounds plus two hundred years. That's who I'd just electrified.

Evie; pg. 36
Lish tried to swear--which is always funny, because the computer won't translate it. It went something like this: "Bleep stupid bleep bleep faeries and their bleep bleep bleep obsessions. He had better stop bleep bleep bleep the bleep bleep rules or I will bleep bleep bleep the little bleeeeeeeeeeep." All in a completely robotic monotone. Awesome. Lish could really get going sometimes.

Evie; pg. 115
I let her take my good hand and walk me to the infirmary. The doctor was a pleasant werewolf in her midforties. I hadn't been in here since I sprained my ankle two years ago. And, no, it wasn't in some exciting way, being chased through a graveyard by a vamp or anything. I sprained it while rocking out to my iPod alone in my room. Apparently hip-hop is not my calling.

Evie; pg. 206
Lend was waiting when I came out and I followed him down the stairs. The two bolted doors were open now. Wondering what I would find, I walked into the kitchen behind Lend and stopped dead.
Lend's dad, two werewolves, and a vampire. It was like the setup to a bad joke or something. A doctor, two werewolves, and a vampire walk into a bar. "What'll you have?" the bartender asks. "We were thinking him," the vampire answers, eyeing the doctor.
Okay, jokes weren't my strong point.

Evie, John, & Lend; pg. 271-272
We sat down and Lend put his arm around me. Every single jaw at the table dropped.
"Man," John said, shaking his head. "All this time I was pretty sure you were gay."
I batted my eyes innocently. "I'm sorry, John. Are you disappointed?" Everyone laughed, and John grinned.
"Maybe a little," he answered, scooting into Lend's free side to cuddle up.
"Oh, get off me." Lend shoved him off the bench.

~~~~~~~~~

Well everyone, I hope you enjoyed my passage picks for Paranormalcy. There were even more Noteworthy Passages but I didn't want to give too much away, allowing you to discover them on your own. This was an awesome book and I really hope this post along with my Review are enough to make you want to snatch it up.

I'd love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave them in the comments and thanks for stopping by. :D










PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

4 comments:

DforDarla said...

Haha awesome, I just went to Kiersten's signing last night and she was hilarious. Sounds like the book is going to make me laugh too!

Sandy said...

Haha, I loved the passages you chose! Paranormalcy is a fantastic book :)

Midnyte Reader said...

I can't wait to read this now! Great passages you picked.

The Phantom Paragrapher said...

Can't wait to read this book , it is on my TBR Pile :)
BTW : Im a new follower
www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!