My Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Site Announcements, Updates, Etc

Coming Soon:
~Review: The Killing Woods
~Review: The Waiting Sky
~Review: A Certain Slant of Light
~Review: Timepiece
~Review: Infinityglass


Friday, September 24, 2010

Noteworthy Passages: Tangled

Tangled by Carolyn Mackler
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pub. Date: December 29th, 2009
Pages: 308
Age Level: 14+


Synopsis via Goodreads
Jena, Dakota, Skye, and Owen are all at Paradise—the resort in the Caribbean, that is—for different reasons, but in Paradise their lives become tangled together in ways none of them can predict. Over the course of four months, through four voices and four stories, what happened in Paradise will change them all.

In this extraordinary novel, the Printz Honor–winning author brings us her most accomplished work yet. Tangled is a story of the secrets we keep, the risks we take, and the things we do for love.


Noteworthy Passages

Dakota; pg. 147
As it is, she's buried in Lakeview Cemetary and I've been left behind to figure it out, wonder whether I could have prevented her from dying.
Well I couldn't. Because sometimes horrible things just happen and you have to live with the fact that there's no explanation. It is what it is. End of story.
I stayed there for a while longer, breathing in the damp leaves. And then, finally, I stood up, brushed the dirt off the back of my legs, and started out of the woods.

Owen; pg. 229
I shoved back my chair and stormed out of the restaurant. Once I made it to the curb, I realized I didn't have my wallet. Not to mention that my retainer was still on a napkin inside. Even so, I stared at the half-empty parking lot, imagining this grand escape where I hitched a ride away from here and when my mom came out she'd be stunned to see I was gone. Then she'd learn not to register me for some stupid seminar. I mean, it's one thing for kids at school to think you're lame. But when your own mother decides your social life needs saving? Then you're really in trouble.

~~~~~~~~

Tangled was a very enjoyable read that I think most any teen could like. Hopefully the passages I picked will make you want to read it if you haven't already. If you would like to learn more about my thoughts on Tangled then check out my Review!

Remember comments are always welcome and they make me happy. :D Hope you all enjoy your weekend.










PLEASE NOTE: This is a feature hosted here at my blog in which I present you with selected passages or quotes that I deem Noteworthy from a book I've just reviewed. My hopes are of course, that these passages will make you want to pick the book up and read it. This feature was started and created by me in January in hopes of making my blog more unique. That being said, I would like to kindly request that you do not use this feature as it was intended to be for my blog only and is not a meme. If you see some one else using it, please know it is without my permission. Thank you.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Hello all! My name is Briana, I'm 20, and I live in the beautiful state of Georgia. I love reading and photography.

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P

My Partner in Crime...er...I mean reading. :P
Meet Rudy everyone!